Unlimited access >

Help with custom Ogilvy Jump Half Pads

I’m looking into getting an Ogilvy Memory Foam Jump half-Pad since I’ve heard so many people rave about how nice they are.

I have a CWD so I’m considering going with a 1" thick pad since I’ve seen reviews where people say the pad is so thick it makes you feel without contact while riding.

Anybody have CWD’s and ride with a Ogilvy?

Anyone have the 1" Ogilvy?

Also I need help on color picking!
There are just so many colors I can’t choose.
First thing, I want something classic for schooling that won’t get dirty (white is out of the option). My barn colors are hunter green and navy but I’m not sure if I want to go that route and get a navy pad white piping and hunter green binding.
I’m leaning toward these combos:

Base color: Black
Piping: White
Binding: Charcoal Gray

OR

Base color: Grey
Binding: Black

Not even sure if those would look good.
But if you have suggestions, comments or anything to say about the half-pad’s please let me know!

I would check the ogilvy Facebook and intsagram pages. They show some of the many available color choices. Unfortunately for me, it only made choosing a color combo more difficult!

Same! Ive gone through their instagram page a couple times today and still can’t decide!

[QUOTE=pacific_jumper;7438847]
I would check the ogilvy Facebook and intsagram pages. They show some of the many available color choices. Unfortunately for me, it only made choosing a color combo more difficult![/QUOTE]

an excellent blog report

I don’t like the black, much prefer the navy or chocolate or grey (some of the other colors are lovely too, but you said dark sooooo :slight_smile: )

Get something unique and if you want the black charcoal, Greenhawk has a cover you can buy that’s like way less than an ogilvy cover and you can switch out.

[QUOTE=anyanicholson;7438764]

Anybody have CWD’s and ride with a Ogilvy?
I do, I like it, I think it’s just the regular thickness, not the thinner one
Anyone have the 1" Ogilvy?

Base color: Black
Binding: Charcoal Gray

OR

Base color: Grey
Binding: Black
I would go with this. I know someone that has this color combo and it’s very nice

Not even sure if those would look good.
But if you have suggestions, comments or anything to say about the half-pad’s please let me know![/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, apparently within about a week, ogilvy website will have an area where you can see and design a custom pad (like that matte custom pad site) so you could wait till that becomes available.

I have a 1" “gummy” Ogilvy half pad that I use with my CWD.

I really like it on one of the horses that I ride and hate it on the other. I think it depends on how your saddle fits the horse and the horse’s shape. The one that I don’t like it on has a wider/flatter back with not much wither. I feel like it makes my saddle sit too high off her back and squish her shoulders (even though it’s the thinner style Ogilvy). I like it on narrower, high withered horses. I note that my saddle was bought to fit the horse that I don’t like it on.