Unlimited access >

Help with In-Utero Pairings

Hello! I’m hoping some of you will be able to give me some input on two in-utero pairings that I’m considering.

I’m looking for an ammy friendly hunter prospect. I’m a tall girl so ideally looking for something that will finish 16.2hh+. One mare is by Sandro Hit in foal to Cunningham and the other mare is by Raffaelo in foal to Prototype.

I know Prototype fairly well and love that he produces very ammy friendly prospects. According to the breeder the mare is very quiet and a pleasure to be around.

I’m not as familiar with Cunningham but I have heard good things and think hes gorgeous. The mare in foal to him did high level dressage as well as some hunter stuff and according to the breeder is also very easy going.

Any personal experience/input is greatly appreciated!

I don’t know anything about the second cross but in my experience, I would not buy a Cunningham x Sandro Hit if I definitely wanted something amateur friendly. I’m not saying the foal definitely wouldn’t be, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t either, so on the balance of probabilities, that wouldn’t be my first choice for amateur friendly.

1 Like