Unlimited access >

Help with registering foal kwpn-na for inspection please!

We have a imported premium Elite mare registered kwpn. We just got papers back and successfully registered her kwpn-NA. She foaled two months ago and we are trying to get baby into inspection in Ocala this Sept.

I was told go online and register baby but…

Daddy is registered BEL and SF in Europe ( owned by Nelson Pessoa), not KWPN-na or KWPN.

Anyway we can still get baby registered without stallion being approved?? I’ve reached out to Pessoa organization but not heard anything. (Horse was in Wellington but now in Europe)

Thank you…website is confusing us and hard to get anyone at kwpn-na to respond.

Mother: Ciekarla V
Father: Ze Carioca ( if anyone knows)

A horse can only be registered one place, that’s his “breed”. Do you mean he’s approved BEL and SF?

Call (rather than rely on email) the KWPN office and ask if that stallion has reciprocal approval, even if it’s for a fee by the breeder/owner (you).

If you post the stallion’s name, someone might know if he’s got reciprocating licensing.

I would contact KWPN-NA, not the Pessoas, and ask them but, based on the website:

“ D. To register foals from outside (non-KWPN) stallions:

• The mare owner must report the breeding on either the insemination or frozen semen insemination form that is available from the website or office. The form must be completed and mailed to the office office along with a copy of the stallion’s papers. A birth declaration will be issued and must be completed and mailed back to the office within a month of the foal’s birth along with three or more photos of the foal and mare that clearly show the foal’s identifying markings.
  • Registration fee: $250 (includes foal DNA testing and mare surcharge).”

Here is their step by step page for online registration:

Your foal will likely be Register A or Register B if the stallion is not KWPN approved.

3 Likes

Thank you…
.we have read thru and asks for copy of stallions papers. I’m assuming pedigree?
Father: Ze Carioca
Mother: Ciekarla V

According to Horse Telex, Ze Carioca is a 2011 stallion by Canturo/Kannan registered with Stud-book du Cheval de Selle Luxembourgeois (SCSL). Horse Telex also reports him as licensed for breeding by Selle Francais but I do not know if KWPN accepts that or not.

Your best bet is to actually talk to someone at KWPN-NA. Have you tried calling them?

1 Like

I would also suggest speaking directly to the KWPN-NA office, if you haven’t already, to find out what they need. I don’t see him on the SF licensed stallions list on their website and I don’t see any other KWPN foals by him so they will likely need more than just his pedigree information.

Did you import your mare in foal or was she bred in the US? I’d love to see the foal, if you were willing to share photos or video. That’s a nice stallion.