Unlimited access >

Help with Thoroughbred Pedigree?

This may need to be posted in sporthorse breeding, but you guys always seem to know your TB pedigrees. . .

What do you think of this one?

http://www.pedigreequery.com/reggae+runner

She is 4, super cute, nice shoulder, good little mover and for some reason is tearing at my heart strings. . . I want her.

I don’t know much at all about her bloodlines, all the OTTB’s I’ve worked with previously have been rescues or freebies, so their pedigrees were not really something I worried about. And, her pedigree isn’t super important. I’m just curious about what kind of sport horses these bloodlines produced.

In reality, she wouldn’t be mine. A client is looking at her, but I would be the lucky trainer, and I’m a sucker for a pretty bay filly!

TIA!

PPE… Check why she had a year off and only ran 7 times total. I think many folks get sucked into a false security that low starts is ALWAYS a good thing. In fact it can be the opposite. It can be that the horse didn’t even hold up for a little bit of racing.

Vet her and you’ll have knowledge to go by.

Emily

[QUOTE=Xctrygirl;8251171]
PPE… Check why she had a year off and only ran 7 times total. I think many folks get sucked into a false security that low starts is ALWAYS a good thing. In fact it can be the opposite. It can be that the horse didn’t even hold up for a little bit of racing.

Vet her and you’ll have knowledge to go by.

Emily[/QUOTE]

^ good advice.

Additionally, she is linebred to Fappiano… who has been great for eventing. She has a blue hen mare up close (No Class). If you like her, vet her… see how she is. Should be a good horse for at the very least, LL.

She will be vetted. . . No worries there. It’s just always fun to see what people think of pedigrees!

We just want for her to have a soft landing and hopefully turn into a fun horse to ride!