Unlimited access >

Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

No hony left behind.

21 Likes

I once went to look at an ad horse. As we pulled into the drive I told my kids to roll down the window and pull the magnetic business sign off the truck door! I pulled the one on my side off. No phone #s and identification please! The jug tracks on the neck were a big no.

Iā€™m looking forward to Saturday!! Hope it is a win-win for the hony.

3 Likes

I see you two connected :blush:
We - as always - will require pics.
Of the roadtrip.
Of the Seller.
Of Jigsawā€™s arrival at his new home.
:articulated_lorry::racehorse::dash::two_women_holding_hands:

11 Likes

Yā€™all.

I drove into the nether regions of Pennsylvania early this morning.

But!

Meet Henry.

Henry the Handyman, since I expect olā€™ Henry will be able to do a little bit of everything.

The seller graciously offered to meet me at an indoor ring near her house so I could see him. Henry had never been on a trailer, but he loaded onto the sellerā€™s borrowed step up and traveled off his home farm for the first time in his life. The video shows his reaction to that earth shattering drama.

Henry is a chill dude.

It took a little while to load him onto my trailer that has a ramp, as Henry had obviously never seen such a thing. But once loaded, he dove into the hay net and never stopped eating the whole way home.

I wished Iā€™d gotten some video when I got him back to my farm since he did a lovely floating trot one time around his quarantine paddock and then commenced to eating again.

Henry may need his own Instagram :rofl:

He has some growing to do, especially into his rather large head. But so far Iā€™m pretty impressed with Henry the Handyman.

75 Likes

Please remind us that are too lazy to scroll to the top of the thread. Age?

FTA: I love his name and his demeanor!

7 Likes

I you click on the title of the thread at the top of the screen, it takes you to the start of the thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Heā€™ll be four in May. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Henry looks awesome! I knew his former owner would realize she was deluding herself!

What a good guy, and good mover!

5 Likes

Cute package. Love his sweet trot.

2 Likes

Huzzah! Henry the Handyman Hony has come home! He is so cute and so laidback. Canā€™t wait to see pics as he slicks out and matures.

9 Likes

Damn, if I had known he was in PA I would have been discouraging you so I could have snagged him (tho really I donā€™t need a second coming-4yo). :upside_down_face:

I hope you will continue to update on him! Heā€™s going to be a whole different animal in 6 months.

16 Likes

Ooh. Hes a little hunk! Nice legs and feetā€¦ Yes, that is a substantial noggin, but its in proportion to most of the rest of his chunky self, except his neck, but its still a baby neck.

Nice find. Heā€™ll turn into the horse a lot of us should be riding, Iā€™m guessing.

9 Likes

Yes, love those stout legs. It will be fun to see his neck develop and pop with correct work.

3 Likes

I am so glad that Henry seems happy with his move and new landing! Henry seems to have his priorities in order. A stuffed hay net is definitely very Important to a good life. :grin:

11 Likes

Yay!! Iā€™m so happy for you both. What a good boy he is.

4 Likes

Henry is a QT!
Nice trot in the vid & great he showed you more :+1:
Of course, you are now required to keep us updated with pics of his progress. :grin:

7 Likes

Please continue with a Henry thread that shows his weekly progress! We want to live our spotted hony dreams vicariously through you.

19 Likes

Wow, he is one chill guy! Heā€™s going to be fun. Congratulations to both of you!

1 Like

Athleticism aside his personality is killer!! Love the name!! He can be our storybook horse. COTH writers unite!

6 Likes

Will Henry the Handyman have his own thread, or will you keep updating this one?

3 Likes