Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Just think, there’s about a million facebook groups that would have spent 50k on vet diagnostics looking for a problem.

Turns out, horses will take the easy way out if given an option. Who knew?

I love Mr. Henry.

11 Likes

Oh wow, what a bad pony you got. What a shame. Someone should take this problem kid off your hands.

Don’t mind me, just hooking up my trailer… :wink:

21 Likes

Henry’s pride may be a little bruised right now but it sure doesn’t look like anything else hurts :rofl:

He’s not yet four years old. A little hoppity hop here and there is a given, especially since he’s never in his life had a job. And it’s only been two and a half weeks since I turned his world upside down!

I love this comparison:

72 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :clap:.

Susan

1 Like

Love the Hippity Hop story. An oft told tale from the archives of green horses. And thus the MRL (mid-ride lunge) was born. Amazing how that works to get the point across that, “Thou shalt go forward.”

12 Likes

HAHAHA! I always say it that way, too.

3 Likes

“Thou shalt go forward” is my new favorite phrase!

In the spirit of that, baby Henry went on his first little trail ride today, and solo. Just a hack through the woods and on the track around the perimeter of my farm, but such a good boy! It’s amazing how getting out of the ring can help that GO button.

29 Likes

Woohoo!!

3 Likes

Oh. My. Gosh!!! In only 2 weeks. That is crazy!

16 Likes

Two weeks and lots of elbow grease and the right kind of riding to help bring his natural balance out. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Henry is what I like to call a great ‘using horse’ = use him for everything! A lot of mine could be ridden for everything, most went English and Western. Just like event horses, a change of tack they knew which job it was.

6 Likes

The horses themselves show us the difference between living feral and “free“ and having consistent human attention and care.

It would seem that being a domestic species suits horses very well.

:grin:

12 Likes

Three weeks! I want to thank my COTH enablers because Henry is a treasure and getting more amazing every day. :heart:

70 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

We let you brag and rejoice with you, indeed he is amazing. :star_struck:

8 Likes

I can’t handle it. He’s just ridiculous. This is something we all dreamed about when we were young: finding a horse that needed a good scrub, love, the right nutrition and, most of all, a talented and patient owner. The world is so …. tough to navigate … so much of the time. Yet we can still thrill to the age-old tale of a girl and her horse.

36 Likes

I love this so much. Yes!

Also possibly why we have glommed on to @Heinz_57’s Bo? A forgotten horse buffed to a copper shine?

ETA: not to take away from Henry’s transformation . Two examples of diamonds in the rough!

16 Likes

I might just be drooling a little at the last HTH pics…oh my what a little hunk.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see him all braided up floating around with a competent junior. Looking forward to more updates in the years to come.

3 Likes

Also: did you say that he was handsome?! :heart_eyes::star_struck:

3 Likes