Unlimited access >

Here's to you,Cactuskate

This is what I remember this weekend about Cactuskate when I had a thought about her.

She was so funny at the Oaks last year. This complete stranger comes up to me and says “You must be Coreene.” Remembered a previous post about my American flag sweater and put 2 + 2 together.

A real firecracker, our Kathy. Introduced Taryn and I to her friend the hay broker, a great gal but I’m blanking on the name. We start talking about advertising and such, and she says “Oh, I bet you could do a really good ad design for her ad.”

Whupped one out in seconds, and must say it was damn good. Too bad I couldn’t have typeset it myself, because my design is better (in my very biased opinion) than the one her friend used, but Kathy laughed at the way I was so happy to give my ten bazillion opinions. Always reminded me about how happy I was to give them!

She is also one of the few who know right away what the “Dude” crack means.

Last year, when my friend’s horse Bullet went in for colic surgery, she posted the best photo of “Bud looking at Chino” and sending his good wishes. This cheered John immensely and, happy to say, Bullet joined Willem in mowing through a 25 lb. bag of carrots last night.

The jangling curb chains worked for Cactuskate. They did not make her cancer go away, but they were the music for her life.

coreene, your last line is making my eyes well up…

“The jangling curb chains worked for Cactuskate. They did not make her cancer go away, but they were the music for her life.”

• One must think when looking at a horse that it hears music inside its head
  • check out my diary! http://carpediem4gp.diaryland.com
  • PNW Clique: Fuzzy Horses, Frizzy Humans!

you have a way with words. Your last line made the tears run.

Cactuskate you will be missed.

Maria

WHAT?! Where is Cactuskate?

~Erin B #1
A priest, a nun, an Irishman, a Scotsman, a cowboy, a lawyer, a salesman, and a blonde all walk in to a bar. The bartender says, “Hey, is this some kind of joke?”

The spirit and heart, pride and perserverance she shared with us all of riding, herself and human relations portray qualities I can only hope to attain.

She is on the list of BBer’s I want to meet. Not crossed off.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead

ErinB…check off course…cactuskate lost her battle to cancer

• One must think when looking at a horse that it hears music inside its head
  • check out my diary! http://carpediem4gp.diaryland.com
  • PNW Clique: Fuzzy Horses, Frizzy Humans!

Cactuskate - a true inspiration

edit

This is what I remember this weekend about Cactuskate when I had a thought about her.