Herniated disk: drug which "erase"(?) muscle memory

There is a drug that is produced in Germany. I was get receipt by my neurologist in 2011 for the hernia in the lower back. Before this I was suffering for years, nothing helped, and this drug worked as a miracle and I forgot about hernia for 6 years. This drug, as the doctor explained to me, “erases” muscle memory. I forgot the name of this drug, and I need it urgently, due to the recent exacerbation of my lower back hernia and again nothing helps me. I lost contacts of my neurologist. Because the drug is produced in Germany, then maybe someone here takes it. If someone knows, please, write the name. Thanks.

That sounds like a miracle, let us know if you ever figure out what it is csllled.

I wonder if ketamine does this…

Maybe in a pump, I can’t imagine it working long term otherwise. Would be nice, that’s for sure

Single dose infusions of ketamine can produce long term reductions in pain. It’s also being studied extensively for its ability to improve depression with a one time infusion. It’s pretty weird how it works.

1 Like

Wow! Where do they infuse it?

It’s just IV. I think it runs over a couple hours. There are ketamine clinics popping up all over…I just saw an ad for one last week. Thought that was pretty weird! But it’s also being studied and used extensively in “regular” clinical settings.

I am going to ask next week when I go to the pain doctor, that sounds amazing.