Unlimited access >

High waisted white show breeches?

Love Ariat Tri Factor! Totally second this.

I really like the Ovation Celebrity slim secrets.

Haha I just pulled out a pair of Dublin breeches to show in this weekend without realizing how high waisted they were - on my short torso it was actually rather uncomfortable.
I recommend Romfh Champion - they are high (but not as high as my dublins), and also for curvy / athletic figures.

1 Like

Tuff Rider ribbed breeches are high waisted and almost always available in white. The ribbing makes them quite comfy but they may be too warm for your weather.

1 Like

Gosh, I wear a belt with my high waisted breeches – with a VERY nice Navajo sandcast silver & turquoise buckle! I get LOTS of compliments on that belt buckle.

But have used suspenders in the past – they’re great, too.

Pikeur Candela and Rompf are my favorite high-waisted breeches. I always look for the “long” option, even though I’m only 5’4". I’m not long-legged, but the “longs” fit me better in the rise. FITS might be a good option, too.

1 Like

thanks everyone. I ordered a pair of the ROMPH breeches in tall. I’ll let ya’ll know how they fit. The tough riders are hot… sorry! and @ThreeFigs, I also have a nice belt and buckle I wear… it’s a vintage Pegasus…

Well, that’s cool. I find the implication that thin women or “boyish” women are not “real women” to be problematic, so I said so.

Being curvy doesn’t make you “real.”

@soloudinhere

Again, I didn’t interpret her post as saying thin women or women with slim thighs were “not real women”. I think that she was just expressing frustration at having difficulty finding high waisted breeches that fit her well.

Among women (all of them real), there is a large variation of shapes, so most women probably have considerable hunting to do to find riding clothes that fit well, regardless of where they fit in the shape universe.

I don’t understand why you’re responding with hostility when no hostility was in the original posts, as far as I could see. Why work so hard to take offense?

4 Likes

My pet peeve is when people equate curvy with plus size. You can have an hourglass shape at any size! (And being both petite and curvy, I have a hard time finding both regular and riding clothes!)

1 Like

Horze makes some nice highwaisted breeches.

I didn’t think so either. Was surprised by the defensiveness because I didn’t notice anything offensive.

1 Like

Not only did I NEVER imply any of that, I did not use ANY of those phrases. Do not put your insecurities on MY statements.

1 Like

I Will absolutely 2nd these Isabelle Breeches. I am 6ft, 180 and a little curvy around the waist. these make me feel like a million bucks as far as confidence and give a seamless look from butt, hips to waist, which was my biggest issue. I have large thighs, what ever-better to hold to horse with! lol I have now over the past 6 months bought 2 of these ($180 kills me) but they LAST!

1 Like