Unlimited access >

High waisted white show breeches?

Does anyone still make these? Now that I am showing in a tail coat I need to get this muffin top under control!! LOL (YES i am dieting and working out but I am 67…) A brand that understands women have THIGHS? Looking for something in a technical fabric so I dont die this summer in Florida… I have some GS but they are cotton… TIA!!!

Pikeur Candelas are high waisted and not incredibly see-through.

1 Like

Consider one of those Spanx type shape wear garments too.

2 Likes

There are women out there who don’t “have thighs” but they’re still women even if not shaped like you.

That said I have been wearing the tredstep Nero II lately and they are high waisted. Horze Tara also.

2 Likes

Oh and p.s.,
congrats on persisting with the journey to getting to a tailcoat at 67. That is quite an achievement, it gives me hope. Maybe I won’t give up just yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

In regard to SPANKS, I find the long leg panty ones really bruise my girly bits. The FITS one is knit, not slippery at all, and IMPOSSIBLE to pull breeches over. The "camisole ones or high waisted ones roll down and make the situation worse. There isnt a lot of cellulite - I am jsut not built like a size 4 model. I wear an 8 in Jeans, so really not that concerned, but in general if the thighs fit the waist is a bit too big. Additionally, almost all the breeches these days do not come up to my waist. Hence the question.

1 Like

REALLY not sure what I did to get the snark from you. OF COURSE there are lots of women out here NOT shaped like me. There are LOTS of breech brands that fit them JUST FINE. But in GENERAL, womens thighs are bigger than the equivalent man’s. Look it up.

5 Likes

thanks sing. I’ll look them up. And actually got the tailcoat last year… Keep going, you;ll get there!!

Quick fix until you can find the breeches you are looking for: wear suspenders instead of a belt to give a smoother line; have your vest points remade longer (vest points are a simple sewing job–might be able to do it by hand i you don’t have a sewing machine).

I don’t show dressage, but I do fox hunt and wear a Shadbelly once or twice a season. I am about 6’ tall, and thin --but the Oreo cookie look was a problem with my white shirt billowing out between my canary (not buff) breeches and my vest points . . .

Ultimately, I made a custom Shadbelly —added 2" to the cut-away front, and 4" to the tails --LOVE that coat --oh, I also made different color vest points --one set is my hunt colors --Navy piped with gold; the other is the prosaic canary --I used velcro instead of buttons/snaps so I can do a quick change before the hunt brunch.

However, be aware that while anyone who sews can make a Shadbelly --it was over 60 hours of labor (including measuring, cutting fabric, etc --with SIX HOURS of hand sewing just when I thought I was done!). Finally, there are 24 button holes – I confess I did not put my hunt buttons on my shad --I cheated and found a set of “livery” buttons on Ebay --they are brass, they are embossed with some crest of whom I don’t know --and look great. If someone is looking at my buttons so closely they notice they are not the correct ones, well, that person needs to get a life!

3 Likes

FITS suggests putting their under garments (not sure what to call them, shaper thingee?) inside your breeches and putting them on together. Your comment helps me understand why! :smile:

2 Likes

wearing shapewear type items sounds very unpleasant in the summer. Have you considered going up one size on the breeches?. I like my breeches to not be sausage casings as it allows muscles / legs to take the shape they need to.

I agree with the use of suspenders. With high waist you do not wear belt. It is surprising how few makers of full seats cater to the shad wearing riders

You got “the snark from me” because there’s no call for taking other women down with your language. You didn’t say thighs that are bigger than a man’s. You said thighs bigger than a size 4 model, as if a size 4 model is some sort of non-human creature who is definitely not a real woman™ such as yourself.

Real living breathing women come in all shapes and sizes. I’m not sure why you still think women’s breeches are designed for men, because that isn’t the case and there are whole brands dedicated to exactly that such as Romfh. In fact, Laura Romfh makes a breech specifically designed to be worn with a shadbelly which two seconds of googling would have turned up, but since we’re doubling down on the snark I will link it here so you don’t have to spend any time looking for it:

4 Likes

Hi, I also have the muffin top issues, but not the high waisted pant issue, I have a naturally low rise. But I have the same issue with the high waist shapewear rolling down, what I do is wear those, then, wear a tank top shapewear on top of it. I warn you, it gets warm… The other thing, that I haven’t done in years, is wear a too small leotard under my clothes (a dance one, not one of the ones that snaps together under your crotch). On the upside, that one also helps with any bouncing issues your sports bra doesn’t take care of!

thats an idea i had not tried… wonder why they didnt use slick longerei (sp?) fabric like slips (does anyone even wear slips any more?) thx!!

the “size 4” was in the second post not the one you were snarky about. It is well known that in general dressage riding clothes designers IN GENERAL do not consider realistic sizes. Another example would be sleeve diameter. I do not have fat arms - but thanks to pilates and owning a farm, I have muscles. MANY shirts are tight in the arms.
Thanks for the link, I did not google “breeches for shadbelly” because I really did not think that was a thing. Interesting that in the photo, the breech barely comes up to the model’s waist.

3 Likes

I don’t think her post remotely “took down other women”.

5 Likes

Ariat Tri Factor. You might have to go up a size but they tick every one of your boxes: high waist, good with thighs and a waist, white isn’t see through, Icefil fabric for steamy days. I bought the Longs (I’m only 5’5") and they are perfect on me.

1 Like

I don’t like shape wear in general but I ended up with something or other, can’t recall the brand. It’s smooth enough and it isn’t that tight on me or indeed that restraining. . The idea was more to get rid of panty lines under some specific outfit rather than go down a size. They were higher waisted than my breeches and I dont recall them rolling down. But much preferable to get the right breeches!

1 Like

I used to be the Intimates section manager at a department store. Both Maidenform & Spanx’s second line used to make a capri length garment that I’d describe as a modesty liner rather than compression-type shapewear. Maybe something like that? Or even a sturdy pair of tights might work.

1 Like

I tried a pair of Pikeur Candelas on last night and they were see through for me. Disappointing.

I wear Horze Daniella or Desiree.