Unlimited access >

Hilason bareback pads?

I really wanted to buy a Brockamp bareback pad, but the US distributors are all sold out until further notice. I found one that looks comparable called a “Hilason.” I’m a bit wary because I see very few reviews. Anybody own one (or has sat in one)?

I’ve heard nothing good about Hilason brand tack. Their saddles were pretty, but had bad quality leather/craftsmanship and were uncomfortable/unsafe. There was a video floating around of an entire fendering coming off a semi-new saddle during a barrel race. Some of their stuff is nice (for the price), but overall seems very inconsistent. Googling “Hilason horse tack reviews” brings up a lot of different forum threads on it.

I am in the same boat – I see one review that looks decent (youtube).

Someone at my barn has had one for a year or two and she seems to like it. I’ve been meaning to ask about trying it since the price is better than othe BB pads I’ve been interested in.

I bought this one from Hilason through their eBay store a couple years ago. The price has definitely gone up. It’s a really nice pad though, can’t imagine riding bareback without it. I can use my dressage girth and the suede is super grippy.

I invested in a Supracor bareback pad 21 years ago. It’s $500 but I loved it and so did the people who borrowed it. It is terrific for the therapy program. My first Supracor was their basic model when I bought my first saddle in 2000. It is still being used by my buddy Zeke, 8 years old, for his first saddle.

It is honeycomb so it doesn’t squish down when there is pressure on it. Hard to explain, but they make a variety of medical products for wheel chairs, custom furniture.

Supracor

Can you buy Christ LammfElle pads in the US? Hopefully this is a link….

I’ve been using mine since 2009, just sold it in great condition as I wanted a new one in a different colour.
They are very high quality, made from super lush natural sheepskin that’s washable and they come in both Iberian and western style.
I’ve ridden literally thousands of hours in mine on everything from 13hh ponies to my tank of a shire / Spanish cross, they have a gullet for spinal clearance and stability.
Absolutely LOVE :heart: