Hip Replacement

I had my appointment with the surgeon today and my hip replacement is schedule for the 19th of January. I feel confident is my decision and am looking forward to getting it done! Thank you all again for the information and sharing your experiences with me! I will keep you updated:)

Waiting is the WORST!!!

Do what you can to get your glute and leg muscles as strong as you can before going in and it will help your recovery…

Good Plan ~ I had my THR 1-17-05 …Life is SO much better without PAIN !

[B]
Good plan ~

I had my THR 1-17-05 …

Just follow protocol …pm when you get closer for tips…

Life … regular and riding and barn … all SO much better without pain !

[/B]NEVER EVER UNDER-ESTIMATE THE BENEFITS OF ‘ICING’ :yes:

** BEFORE LUNCH AFTER LUNCH

** BEFORE PT AFTER PT

** BEFORE DINNER AFTER DINNER

**BEFORE READING AFTER READING …:winkgrin::lol:

YOU GET THE IDEA … :smiley: I usually say ’ everything will be fine with time’
[B]but with this * THR =

[/B]EVERYTHING WILL BE SO GREAT BY MARCH !!! :cool:

YOU WILL BE GETTING YOUR LIFE BACK !

My father had a hip replacement last January, at 59 years old. He was not a fit man, either. He had gastric bypass the year before, but the years of extra weight caused the hip to deteriorate badly. He walked with a pronounced limp and was in pain constantly. When I graduated college, he was taking several doses of strong pain meds every day.

He had the replacement surgery (I cannot say for sure which type), and the doctors had him up and about not long after. He came home later the same day, and was out shoveling snow within 2 or 3 weeks, probably? We had crazy snow last winter. He was given a cane (or crutches maybe) but refused to use them. God bless us, we’re a stubborn family. He accompanied my mother to a Garth Brooks concert a week after his hip replacement. I don’t remember him being in any pain at that point. It was interesting to see! Now he has no limp and is much more out and about, and much happier!

Good luck!

Best of luck. I’ve had a THR and it has changed my life. Highly recommend it!