Unlimited access >

Hooves and confirmation of my horse

What do you think of his hooves and confirmation? He has the personality and braveness to event.

He is a 16.2, 8 yo, OTTB. He is very unfit, mostly on stall rest and some trail ponying and free lunging, about to get back into work now.

When he came to us, his hooves were badly absessed - and he seems to attract lameness (getting kicked, etc). But he’s super athletic, free jumped and he has major scope. Trying to figure out if his structure is worth putting training into?

Its conFORMation and abcess…that said, a thorough vetting would be on order to see what you are starting with.

abscess. :lol:

[QUOTE=mroades;7537336]
Its conFORMation and abcess…that said, a thorough vetting would be on order to see what you are starting with.[/QUOTE]

I knew I would get one wrong!

But seriously based on the pictures of the horses feet I would have a vetting ton from top tp botton including bloodwork (looks potentially cushingoid to me)

Hard to tell without seeing horse in person or at least a video. Hoof looks “club” shaped and looks like something metabolic going on?

Conformation he looks high in the stifles but he is a TB and many are for the amazing ability to gallop.

You need to have a good vet and good farrier help you determine a program.

As far as conformation - IMHO - there are horses of all shapes and sizes doing work - only the horse can tell you.