Unlimited access >

Horse Boarding Albuquerque NM?!

Howdy Fellow Equestrians!

Does anyone know of a good boarding facility in ABQ area that has well maintained property and arena(s)? Preferably an arena with jumping equipment and super attentive staff.

I moved to ABQ about 6 months ago and found a decent initial barn but the last two months have been extremely disappointing. The barn manager stopped managing the property. Shavings haven’t been available for two months, the arena has been filled with nasty slippery compost because it’s “cheaper”, stalls aren’t being cleaned properly, and my “full-board” price is the same. :frowning:

I really want to just buy property and build my own barn but that’s about a year off.

Thank you for your help!

I live in Rio Rancho. I board at New Mexico Equestrian Center. It’s the nicest one I’ve found in the area. I moved here from CA and man was I mistaken. I thought boarding would be cheaper and more options. It’s the opposite. I feel like I have to try to balance the level of crazy/difficult in a barn manager against horse amenities and care. It’s so hard to find good horse care and good riding facilities in one, especially if you want a good barn owner. Any who, NM equestrian center is the best I’ve found the the price so far. I’ll just say steer clear of both barns in Rio Rancho on Bosque Circle Loop.

I don’t know if she does just boarding alone, but Sandia Farm is probably one of the nicest. If you don’t mind closer to the airport, Laura Simpson’s place. Otherwise your best bet would be smaller private barns who might have a stall, most likely in the Corrales area.