Unlimited access >

Horse Boarding Cary/Apex, NC

Hello everybody,

We are relocating our family, including our horse, to the Cary/Apex area of North Carolina. We are completely new to the area and need your help!

I am looking for a boarding facility with good turnout, small to medium size, not overly competitive, friendly atmosphere with dressage and show jumping facilities.

Does anybody out there have any recommendations or advice?

Hello!! When you say you want dressage and show jumping, are you an eventer? And by small or medium facility, how many horses do you consider to be a small barn? Medium? And do you plan to take lessons? Dressage or jumping or both?

It is a fun area for horses.

If you want a laid-back dressage and jumping with ample turnout, check out Pepperwood Farm http://pepperwoodfarm.com/. It’s in Fuquay, but depending on where you are in Cary/Apex it’s not too far. I don’t board there, but a friend of mine does and she’s been really happy.

Beechcrest Farm in Chapel Hill NC

Beechcrest Farm is an 185 acre, gorgeous sustainable farm-to-table family-owned farm located 7 miles west of Chapel Hill off of Hwy54. Our facilities offer a beautiful and perfect setting for dressage, hunter/jumper, eventing and combined training discipline riders as well as trail riders. Over 50 acres are maintained in pasture alone, with routine rotation of horses to allow grass to recover. Our living on-site allows us to easily monitor your horse, and quickly relay information to you.

The farm has two European-style boarding barns:
-Larger 8 stall barn features 12x12 matted stalls, fans, a cobblestone aisle, double sided Dutch doors, separate tack and feed rooms and a open wash stand area.
The original 4 stall also features 12x12 matted stalls with fans, plus a huge brood-made stall available for foaling.
-Enjoy the 210x160 fenced, lighted riding arena with outstanding sifted-screening footing, plus stadium jumps and ground poles available.

• 1 Mile of cleared wooded trails around the farm
    -Round Pen is available to use
    -Boarder Bathroom onsite
    -Plenty of room to store trailers

Full monthly board is offered at $485 and includes:
-Daily turn in/out (12 hour shift)
-As-much needed hay
-Fresh clean water daily
-Salt/Mineral Field Supplements
-High-quality feed (Legends Carb Care) but can you are welcomed to provide an alternative feed for your horse if you prefer
-Feed Supplements are coordinated and given at no extra charge, but you are responsible for any medication/health treatments for your horse
-Blanketing
-Routine integrated worming

A current coggins and current vaccinations are required to board a horse!

OP–You might consider posting on either the Triangle Area Equestrians or NCDCTA FB page.

[QUOTE=jen-s;8693457]
OP–You might consider posting on either the Triangle Area Equestrians or NCDCTA FB page.[/QUOTE]
I am guessing OP found a barn since she/he posted in 2014! :yes:

[QUOTE=Limerick;8693483]
I am guessing OP found a barn since she/he posted in 2014! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I missed that. Betting that JacklynSmith revived this old thread just to advertise her new barn. That’s pretty slimy if you ask me.

I’d second Pepperwood. Great people/care.