Unlimited access >

Horse Boarding near Auburn Hills Michigan

I might be changing jobs and moving to Auburn Hills, MI. I would be bringing five horses. Two are retired (34 and 27) and are no longer ridden. The other three are ridable. One is a dressage horse. The other two haven’t decided what their specialty is - either dressage or hunter, most likely. Is there anywhere that has room for 5 horses?

How close to Auburn Hills? If you go north about 20 miles you will be in the heart of horse/hunt country, Metamora. If you go west and south about 50 miles you’ll be near Ann Arbor/Chelsea, also very horsey.
The commute to the Metamora area is pretty easy but finding a barn with 5 stalls might be tricky. I know the Metamora area very well and might be able to point you in the right direction with a little more info.

1 Like

Work will be in Auburn Hills. I would like to live no more than 30 minutes from work, since I currently have more than an hour one way currently. I would try to live between work and the barn. I know it is hard to find a place with room for that many. Are there retirement farms? One horse is old and the other is older with melanomas. I don’t ride them. The dressage horse is currently lame and I am not sure he will be ridable much longer.

There are a few retirement places in Metamora and lots of boarding/training barns. Give me a day or so and I’ll pm you what I find. Unfortunately real estate around here is pricey, but it sounds like the Metamora area is your best bet time wise.
What kind of barn do you want for the horses you do ride?

1 Like

Dressage barns since one is already a dressage horse and one has the movement of a dressage horse and no talent for jumping. The other can go either way.

Thanks!

Did you get my PM?

Just saw it. Thank you so much!

1 Like