Horse boot sizing

I just got a new pair of the veredus boots for my horse in a size medium - I’m really bad with telling if something fits well, my trainer says they fit well, but I’m OCD when it comes to their legs and I want to make sure they’re properly protected and I don’t know if this is stupid, but I don’t want to mess up his legs if they fit poorly. I know a large would be too big and I think a small would be too small because wouldn’t that be more for a pony? So, I think the medium is fine, it’s just me overthinking. Honestly, I’m more iffy about using using the buckles. I’ve only ever used velcro boots before these and I’m worried I’ll make them too tight? Could that be really bad? How do I tell if the tension is just right? I have them on the second hole in the pictures for both front and back, I think that’s okay? Maybe I could go to the third hole on the back ones? I just am worried I won’t be able to tell how tight or loose they should be. I know it might be hard to tell by picture, but I’d really appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thank you!

IMG_5576.HEIC (2.7 MB) IMG_5579.HEIC (2.4 MB) IMG_5587.HEIC (1.4 MB)
IMG_5558.HEIC (3.0 MB) IMG_5559.HEIC (2.6 MB) IMG_5562.HEIC (2.9 MB) IMG_5565.HEIC (3.1 MB) IMG_5572.HEIC (2.4 MB) IMG_5555.HEIC (2.7 MB)

They seem fine! It’s hard to tell 100% by pictures…

I like to be able to stick my finger between the strap and their leg a bit, but just enough to tell they’re snug. If that makes sense.

For hind boots I prefer put them on their cannon bone on a medium tightness and sliding down onto their fetlock.

I’d start on the medium hole to start and see how they look after you ride (examine to see if they’ve shifted at all). Honestly it should be totally fine! Also, they will eventually stretch over time.