I’ve noticed a recent uptick in CoTHers looking to buy or sell horses. I’m in the market and it is a zoo out there. Color me unsurprised, but that doesn’t mean I can’t complain about it. It just feels like it shouldn’t be that hard! Just today I’ve had:
- Teenager trying to flip an auction horse she bought a month ago for double the price-- somebody sent me a warning. I’d already passed on the horse.
- Woman who couldn’t send me videos of her horse because eight paragraphs about hosting her mother in law for Thanksgiving and how disappointed she was that her son wasn’t coming home from Big Name University. Unprompted. After one message.
- Lady, anyone with eyes can see that your horse is lame.
- The people who send you no less than five other available horses that don’t fit your needs after you politely declined the one they originally messaged you about (one of them is relentless! She’s still trying to sell me a pony I didn’t want a week ago and still don’t).
- Woman who sent me a video of her student/daughter/teenage girl falling off horse for sale. She also included a photo of the horse jumping over their paddock gate.
Not to mention the people who just can’t communicate over text or bother to read your ISO post. Fine. Gripe over (for now).