Unlimited access >

Horse Insur: what broker do you recommend?

I know there are a million topics on horse insurance. Posting my question since things seem to have changed a lot since I last insured a horse over 15 yrs ago. There aren’t many underwriters anymore, but who do you recommend as a helpful, easy to work with Agent? I had Hallmark Eq Ins years ago, but are there others I should consider?

My agent is C Jarvis. They were very easy to work with. Coverage for my gelding is surprisingly affordable I have Major medical, 10k in Colic, mortality and their normal/base mortality also comes with 5k in emergency colic, I believe. I was new to the coverage world and they were so helpful in explaining all the coverages and helping me make the best decision for my horse.

ETA: C Jarvis insures under Great American Insurance. Just an fyi.

1 Like

I’ve had really good experiences with Beverly Smith-Embrey. I got a Lloyds no-co-pay policy through her in 2019 after many years of self-insuring, and unfortunately had a significant claim last year when my horse stepped on a nail. They covered everything and didn’t try to nickel and dime me. Beverly helped me get the exclusion removed 6 months into the next policy period with no vet exam required. She responds really quickly to emails…like so quickly that I often put in the first line “Not urgent–no need to reply over the weekend!” because I feel bad lol. I had talked to another agent recommended on COTH about the Lloyds policy and they blew off some of my questions that Beverly was able to answer.

1 Like