Unlimited access >

Horse insurance help

I’m sure this thread has been posted a million of times but I couldn’t find what I was looking for!
Just suggestions of horse insurance… I currently have Markel and have not been happy with lack of communication on their part so looking to switch my horses to a different one.

Any suggestions welcomed! Thanks. -Mel

I use Hallmark (at least 10 horses by now) and have been very pleased.

I just took out mortality and major med/surg on our new gelding. Very basic, full-value coverage for a horse with a relatively modest purchase price. $5k med/surg with an additional $2,500 available for colic surgery. Annual premium is barely over $400. Broadstone gave us the best price.

Another long time Hallmark customer. I have made several claims over the years with various horses and they have been wonderful to deal with and pay claims promptly and without hassle.

Broadstone is my insurance provider. Reasonable and professional.

I am a long-time Hallmark customer. Excellent service and always gave us the best rates on our hunter/jumpers. I think it just depends on the industry you are in, etc.

I’ve changed companies a few times. I prefer to use a broker who deals with multiple agencies so I can see options - higher/lower deductible, no co-pay on diagnostics, higher/lower yearly caps, etc.

My agent is Sara Cunningham at Cunningham and Cunningham Livestock - and she is awesome!

Thank you all! Have contacted Hallmark and Broadstone… Will have to look into Cunningham!