Unlimited access >

Horse owners in South Carolina - can you help a fellow SC girl out?

Hello! I am 45 and finally wrapping up my Masters in Equine Science from University of Edinburgh with my final dissertation, hoping to graduate this fall (yay!!).

My dad passed away a month ago tomorrow, so I’m dedicating my dissertation to him.

My topic is environmental enrichment, and by April 1, I need 500 responses to a 5-minute survey to get the data required for my research dissertation. I have 277 completed so far and need 223 to go.

I know most people don’t love surveys, but if you are a horse owner in South Carolina (or have been recently), could you help my with this final push to the end and possibly share the survey with other kind-hearted people who might also be willing to help?

I would be so, so grateful.

Here is the survey link: https://edinburgh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/environmental-enrichment-for-horses-insights-by-horse-ow

AnnaGrace

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

Thank you SO much, saje!!

Is this an on-line degree for you, or are you actually in Scotland?

1 Like

It’s an online degree program. No clue if the person is in Scotland or not. I was also skeptical and remain so.

2 Likes

It is an accredited online degree through the Royal (Dick) Veterinary School that is part of University of Edinburgh. I began in 2018, and between running a boarding facility, having three kids in high school and college, and recently caring for and then losing my dad, I’m pretty excited to be close to the finish line and just want to be done. ha. I’m at the mercy of everyone who is kind enough to fill out the survey to get the 500 responses I need for a respectable confidence margin. The first page of the survey includes the names and contact information for my supervisors at U of Ed who can vouch for my authenticity, and imagine they are also ready for me to be done! :slight_smile:

I am thankful for the 280 who have filled it out so far and grateful for any here who will be a part of it as well!

1 Like

Thanks for your question. I am completing the accredited online MSc degree through the Royal (Dick) Veterinary School that is part of University of Edinburgh.

I began in 2018, and between running a boarding facility, having three kids in high school and college, and recently caring for and then losing my dad, I’ll be so glad to be done.

The first page of the survey includes the names and contact information for my supervisors at U of E who can vouch for my authenticity and answer any questions you might have! :slight_smile:

I need 500 responses for a respectable confidence margin. I am thankful for the 280 who have filled it out so far and grateful for any here who also be willing to help.

1 Like

The survey is NBD. Absolutely no personal info, just some opinions, essentially. Do it, if you live (or have lived?) in SC.

1 Like

I looked at the survey, and I cannot answer the first question as yes. My horse died in 2019, and I moved from SC a year ago. This seems to be aimed only at current horse owners in SC, yes?

Rebecca

In related news, I once took an equine nutrition course from the University of Edinburgh on Coursera that was so good IMO it should be required for all horse owners. Keep an eye out if it ever comes up again.

Which is to say: this is a legit institution, that also has fully online offerings.

ETA: wow. it was a long time ago.

1 Like

Yes! I attended this too (and yes, It was a long time ago :roll_eyes:) It was really the best course among many, easy,well explained and clearly understandable also for a not so good english speaker like me

1 Like

I’m so sorry you lost yours. :anguished:
I think you can still fill it out because I’m looking for what SC people do/don’t do with their horses, so answer based on what you did when you had your horse as a SC horse owner in 2019. Thank you for being willing!

Thank you! He was well into his 30s when he died, and I like to think I gave him a good life.

Rebecca

1 Like