Unlimited access >

Horse Pilot breeches

Hello all!
I am really curious about the Horse Pilot breeches, namely the X-Design breeches. The Tack Hack has some and I am on the fence about trying them. For reference, I am curvier. Usually 32 breeches, sometimes 34. The majority of my extra weight is in the form of a spare tire around my waist and in my hips/butt. I don’t want something see through and I want something flattering. I’m also considering the Tack Hack track and pace breeches.

Any input is appreciated!

No experience with these brands, but I will be following as a fellow spare tire owner, LOL.

If you’re looking for random recs, I really love the Free Ride breeches and tights with compression. Affordable and hold in all the bits I need to have held in (although I am not as in love with their winter breeches). ETA; their winter breeches are great as far as warmth, but lack compression and have a lower rise. I feel fatter and less comfortable in them.

3 Likes

I have 2 pairs of the Horse Pilots, which I love. I’m not sure what style, though. I wear a 26 in TS and the sales person was sure I would be a small in the Horse Pilot but it was impossible for me to close the waist (I have a mature waistline…) so I had to size up. The mediums fit well and are very comfortable.

Edited to add: They’re the X-Design style.

I wear a 32 in Tailored Sportsman comfortably and take a Large in the Horse Pilot. The waist is quite snug, despite the elastic panel in the back- I would say they have a lot of give, but the waist is not at all sized generously. Otherwise, they are lovely and incredibly comfortable.

Thanks, everyone!

I found a pair of X-Design breeches on closeout for $160. So I decided to try them. I figure if I hate them, I can resell them.

I have been curious about Horse Pilot breeches as well. I’m usually a size 28, occasionally 30 if they’re cut for a more straight up and down build. My big problem is a small waist compared to hips- if they fit in the hips/butt, they gap at the waist. Someone recommended Horse Pilot to me for the narrow fitting waist you all are describing. But I have no idea if I would be a medium or a large, and I can’t seem to find a helpful size chart anywhere. If anyone has any insight, I’d appreciate it!

I used this size chart. :slight_smile:

That is EXACTLY what I needed and have never been able to find. Their site always gave me one of those size recommendation engines based on height and weight. Thank you!

I’m not sure what design of horse pilot I have but I’m curvier and I love mine! I got mine on sale (as normally they’re ridiculously way too expensive) and I’ve had these for about 4 years!

This is very encouraging! My body just isn’t the same after having 2 kids. I am optimistic that these will be my new favorites and if not, I’ll pass them along so they can be someone else’s. The ones I got are green and it looks like a really pretty shade, I’m just not a green girl usually. I have one pair of green breeches currently (Horse Grand Prix in Scarab Green), so not sure I needed another green pair, but the price was right.

I’m also a size 28 or 30 and the medium Horse Pilot breeches fit me well.

coming back to say that I loved the horse pilot x design breeches so much that I bought a second pair.

2 Likes

I saw this pop up, @akhunterrider so glad you love them! I’m sponsored by HP, and I’ve tried most of their outerwear and breeches. I can provide any responses on fit/quality. I would HIGHLY suggest the X-Design breeches for my ladies. (I’ll provide a little insight below, know that these breeches were sent to me as a sponsored rider, but I do want to provide an authentic review)

The X-Balance run small and are a touch lower-waist than the X-Design. I am a solid 26, and could size up to the mediums. (They are on summer sale right now, $156, so with that being said, size up and run get them, Idk if they will keep restocking this model) I wear the X-Balance as my competition breech, the stitching is very pretty and I like the Euro-knee patch that goes up the leg.

But, I wear the X-Design every day. These are a higher waist with deeper pockets. The back has a stretchy piece that is very comfortable so any time of day/a little fluctuation from me over the past year, the same size fits. The higher waist and wide band help me feel scooped in, but comfortable. There is a tapering around your sides, I’ll link for visuals. I wear a size S, and I think I have a few XS that I can fit in, so go with your regular size here. They are a higher price point, but the engineering and shape of these, immaculate. The summer sale price is $216

They have the new aerotech too, they’ve added some colors. These are the same shape and waist height as the X-Design, but a much thinner material with perforations along the side of the leg and back.

1 Like

Glad to see you chime in! I wear an XL in the x design breeches and comfortably wear a 32/34 otherwise. I carry most of my extra weight in my mid section, so I need a more forgiving waistband and these tick all the boxes. I’d love to own more pairs!

These are absolutely gorgeous, I feel like I may need a pair. All the colors!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wanted to echo some posters up thread that the waist is snug with little give even with the stretchy stuff in the back. Petite, but with a mature waistline here. I found the legs and hips relatively generously sized to the waist. They are lovely breeches, though, so if you find a size that works, go with it! I am kind of between sizes. Some anecdotal sizing info I have on the x design, for what its worth from discussions in the barn:

Agree that TS 28 or 30 is a M

The XS is about an Italian 40/US 24 in the waist but more generously sized elsewhere.

If you are a true 26 in the Ariat tri factor and TS, Italian 42, S seems to fit well.

They are fairly long in length.

Hi! I’m a co-owner of Ethos Equestrian, and our brand began with our founder struggling to find a pair of flattering, quality breeches (that weren’t too pricey) after she became a mom and her body had changed. We carry up to size 36, and have many size 32-36 customers who swear by our breeches.

I’m not sure if this post abides by the forum guidelines, but I just wanted to let you know because I think our breeches could be a great fit!

1 Like