What is the going rate for a weekly 1.10-1.20m jumper lease at places like WEF, Tryon, or WEC? What was your experience doing a weekly lease at a show? I’m just curious since I would really like to do this.
The variables in my experience include:
- Is the horse already on-site and you are just moving it to your stall or are you going to have to ship it in and out
- Do the trainers know, like, and respect each other.
- Does the horse’s owner/trainer know you?
- Is this show going to be on the horse’s USEF record? Are you likely to perform well and pin the horse?
- Are you planning on sharing any winnings with the owner?
- Have you had previous experience with the horse or trainer?
All of these variables will add or subtract cost. I have heard prices for 1.20 horse on show lease ranging from free to $2,000/week.
Well a ‘free lease’, just to cover expenses for a week at a large AA show venue such as WEF, Thermal, ect can range from $2,500-$3,500+ a week. So, covering those expenses would be the base of a weekly lease price.
Add 50-100% more for a proven winner.