Unlimited access >

Horse Transports

I need the good, the bad, and the ugly on your horse transport experiences, including what companies to avoid and which to really look into!

I have a 1 year old WB that will need to be transported from AL to CO at the beginning of the summer.

Price is not really a concern at this point, I just want my horse to arrive safely and healthy. Because he is young I want a transport that can handle young horses.

Thanks!

There are several threads on this subject that you might want to look up in addition, but we had a very good experience with Brook Ledge about a year ago. We shipped a horse from Tampa to Western Colorado. We got him a box stall for that long of a trip. He was picked up in FL at 9:30 AM on Sunday and was in my driveway at 11:30 PM on Tuesday. The drivers, dispatchers etc were all very helpful. I’d suggest you call and talk with Leslie at Brook Ledge. She was very knowledgable and helpful.

Get a box stall. I don’t know that any of my favorite shippers do that route, but you can try. I’ve had a multitude of wonderful experiences with each of them: Judge Manning, W.J. Barry, Elite Horse Transport.

I shipped my horse from VA to CO with Brook Ledge and it was a great experience. She was here in two days (she spent about 24 hours at their layup facility in Lexington) and looked like she had come from down the road, not across the country, when she arrived. I would never haul long distance with anyone else!