Unlimited access >

Horse Trials and Events in the PNW?

I’m looking for horse trials, one days, and events in Oregon and Washington for the upcoming season. Mainly looking for grasshopper/green-as-grass to BN.

I’m already planning on doing the Inavale Farm One-Days June 2-3 and Inavale’s eventing camp May 19-20.

Join the Area VII Facebook group - it’s active and I bet if you asked there, you’d get good responses.

2 Likes

Not sure if you are only interested in the west side of WA/OR? If yes, most of what I’m writing won’t be helpful! Spokane Sport Horse Farm in Spokane offers two schooling one day events each year (May/April and October, I think) and is hosting the Area Adult Rider’s camp in May. They also have good educational opportunities around the schooling events and their recognized events. Tulip Springs in Kennewick has several clinics per year and Erin and Marc Grandia of Full Gallop Eventing are running their spring camp there the first weekend in May. Some recognized events have a starter/intro level included (Spokane Sport Horse Farm does, not sure which others). If Idaho isn’t too far, Deary has a schooling camp and schooling event at the end of June/beginning of July that is really fun and very affordable. The WA Horse Park also has lots of clinics and 2 recognized events. Not sure if anyone holds schooling events there too?

1 Like

I’m in Vancouver/Portland area.
The Spokane Sport Horse Farm events looks great! Definitely going to at least one of those events.

1 Like

Make Your Mark in Eugene sometimes has smaller events.

The Oregon Horse Center has just started up a new series, they had some derby-cross/one day type events last summer and they are doing an indoor eventing series (no dressage) through winter-spring, down to intro-type levels.

Lake Oswego Hunt Club usually has a one day or DX type event in the late summer-early fall (trot-a-trail to T)

DevonWood has also been holding DX and combined test shows in the spring/summer, from poles/crossrails on up.

Aspen Farms usually has some spring derbies.

Lincoln Creek Pony Club usually does two back to back 1-days in August (or maybe July?).

I’m sure there’s more, that’s just off the top of my head. :lol: It’s a bit early in the year yet.

Check flyingchanges.com.