Unlimited access >

Horse with strange behavior

[QUOTE=RidingCowGirl;8566969]
. Now at his new place he is in the perfect turd to where he feels comfortable to sleep with all of them and none of them are bullies they all get along. [/QUOTE]

I was hooked at bully turds & perfect turds…

Definitely popcorn and wine worthy.

OP, people are getting giggly at your typos. I suspect, people, that she may be using a talk to text thing of some indeterminate and poorly adjusted type, and not really able to go back and correct her spelling. Even with the correct spelling, however, the grammar is suspect, but I am sure the OP is an honest horse owner and she has valid concerns.

OP, it sounds to me like you are a good horse owner, but you sound inexperienced, based on the many aspects of horse handling you are doing incorrectly. You are not a bad horse owner and should not sell your horse, unless you feel you are unsafe around the horse, but I do think you are uneducated about horses’ behaviours and how to handle them.

For example, if a horse bites or kicks, running them around and arena would do nothing to instill good behaviour on this account. You need to respond to a horse withing three seconds in the same manner another horse would, such as a bite or kick in return, which we as humans would not do to horses. Otherwise, you need some more advance skills to address these kinds of behaviours, and running a horse around a ring, tying their head to their tail (other people do this), making them stand tied up without water (other people do this) all mean nothing to the horse except that you are stessing him out.

When horses bite when you touch them, it is almost always a pain response, and it is very frequently a sign of ulcers. Your vet’s rather elaborate belly palpatations will in no manner indicate ulcers or no ulcers. You can either treat for ulcers and see if the behaviour changes, which is what many of us will just do, as it costs about as much as a vet visit, or you can have a vet come and scope.

Until you do one of the two suggestions above, you have no way of knowing if your horse, who is exihibiting ulcer symptoms, actually has ulcers.

Good luck.

I am a so called pisshead to know it Alls with a stick up there ass u know nothing of my horse what I have or have not done for him. Stop assuming and making an asswhole of yourself .so you can fuck off and get if my thread k

[QUOTE=RidingCowGirl;8568923]
I am a so called pisshead to know it Alls with a stick up there ass u know nothing of my horse what I have or have not done for him. Stop assuming and making an asswhole of yourself .so you can fuck off and get if my thread k[/QUOTE]

Keepin’ it Klassy, Yo

[QUOTE=RidingCowGirl;8568923]
I am a so called pisshead to know it Alls with a stick up there ass u know nothing of my horse what I have or have not done for him. Stop assuming and making an asswhole of yourself .so you can fuck off and get if my thread k[/QUOTE]

Keepin’ it Klassy, Yo

Reported.

OP, you have been given good advice. Either have a vet actually do a scope for ulcers and/or a full workup to rule out any other source of pain, or treat yourself for ulcers.

Don’t call us know-it-alls when YOU asked US for advice.

When a horse I’m working with snakes his head around, he gets a quick elbow or smack with the hand to his nose and a firm, deep voiced “NO!” or “AACCHHHTT!”
The reprimand needs to be immediate. Chasing him a round pen does nothing.

"Otherwise, you need some more advance skills to address these kinds of behaviours, and running a horse around a ring, tying their head to their tail (other people do this), making them stand tied up without water (other people do this) all mean nothing to the horse except that you are stessing him out. " yes that is a statement from your post. And all of those manners of “” training I am highly again. I train my horse with a firm yet kind hand adjusting my training to my horse. As for my grammar I could give a shit about my grammar is people if they don’t like it they can just leave my thread.

Anyways I will try treating for ulcers and might look into a digestive sup to see if that helps . I just dont understand how it could even possibly be an ulcer when nothing in his food diet or exercise or herd had changed for the last nine +months

You obviously didn’t read the post for comprehension - those were examples of things NOT to do…

Treat for ulcers and/or have a vet do a full body workup, or just bop him next time and get after him (not in the round pen) and continue on with what you were doing.

RxCat, I a, sorry but am I supports care if I got reported lol. A cause I don’t . Online people are shit so yes u .most of you are so full of yourself on here it is on real you don’t get anywhere anyways than 90% of your life online in dating other people and how they. You remind me a lot of the person on my burning Jackie that I told you jump in front of a most of you are so full of yourself on here it is on real you don’t get anywhere any’s van 90% of your life online in dating other people and how they. You remind me a lot of the person I am I burning Jackie that I told you jump truck enjoy the road :slight_smile:

I’m bored so I’m going to keep poking the beast -

Why ask for help, if A) you don’t want/need it from us know-it-alls and B) you, yourself apparently know better than us.

If you took the time to listen, and talk to people on here, you would see quite a few of the members here are highly accomplished trainers and riders giving you quality advice. But, you have to shut up and listen.

[QUOTE=RidingCowGirl;8568958]
RxCat, I a, sorry but am I supports care if I got reported lol. A cause I don’t . Online people are shit so yes u .most of you are so full of yourself on here it is on real you don’t get anywhere anyways than 90% of your life online in dating other people and how they. You remind me a lot of the person on my burning Jackie that I told you jump in front of a most of you are so full of yourself on here it is on real you don’t get anywhere any’s van 90% of your life online in dating other people and how they. You remind me a lot of the person I am I burning Jackie that I told you jump truck enjoy the road :)[/QUOTE]

I can’t decide what is worse…your illiteracy or your personality. Get off the computer or your phone and do your homework.

RxCat, I a, sorry but am I supports care if I got reported lol. A cause I don’t . Online people are shit so yes u .most of you are so full of yourself on here it is on real you don’t get anywhere anyways than 90% of your life online in dating other people and how they. You remind me a lot of the person on my burning Jackie that I told you jump in front of a most of you are so full of yourself on here it is on real you don’t get anywhere any’s van 90% of your life online in dating other people and how they. You remind me a lot of the person I am I burning Jackie that I told you jump truck enjoy the road :)[/QUOTE]

What on earth was that I just looked at?

you don’t get anywhere any’s van 90% of your life online in dating other people and how they.

Did I miss something? Is COTH now a dating site?

You remind me a lot of the person on my burning Jackie

Did you get a transmittable disease?

told you jump truck enjoy the road

I am sure they have a cure for that and no one needs to jump truck in the road :smiley:

So why are you here then??? You already know it all, so why even pose the question here???

Man. Didn’t take long for this thread to take a sharp turn to Crazytown.

[QUOTE=cnm161;8569005]
Man. Didn’t take long for this thread to take a sharp turn to Crazytown.[/QUOTE]

It was a very short drive.

We’re contacting the OP about her comments here and will be allowing exactly one chance for her going forward with a “fresh start” after removing some posts to clean up the thread.

Please let us know if we need to take another look.
Thanks,
Mod 1

Well, that went downhill fast…

Classic “I need help with this problem, but don’t you dare tell me it’s this, this or that because I know what I’m doing.”

OP, maybe you should care about grammar and spelling: good grammar and spelling helps people understand your posts, which gets you answers faster. Assuming you came here for help and answers, that is.

When was the last time the vet saw the horse for a physical? It’s fine to treat for ulcers, but it does sound like you could use a professional to go over the horse for problems, rather than relying on yourself for an exam.

It is not standard practice in horse training to ignore these kinds of behaviors. Either smack him when he does it, or find out why he’s doing it, as others have already said.

Obviously, something is bugging him. Maybe he just has thin skin. Is he good under saddle, still? You said nothing about that, and ulcers will cause behavioral issues under saddle, as well, in many cases.

Stating you know what you are doing doesn’t really help the situation, when we can all see that you have some gaps in your knowledge from what you posted. And as Abbie said, grammar and spelling make communication clear and concise, thus getting your meaning across and getting you help faster. Why distract from your post’s subject because of bad writing?

Also starting off on a positive note and not immediately being defensive and assuming people will tell you something you don’t want to hear is a much better way to go about things. Sometimes they will tell you things you don’t agree with; okay, this is the internet and that happens. No need to be offended.

[QUOTE=RidingCowGirl;8568949]

Anyways I will try treating for ulcers and might look into a digestive sup to see if that helps . I just dont understand how it could even possibly be an ulcer when nothing in his food diet or exercise or herd had changed for the last nine +months[/QUOTE]

A horse at our barn was diagnosed with them after being on the same feed and turnout routine for 7 YEARS. It can certainly be ulcers. Some horses are prone to them.

Rather than spend the money on the supplements, why not just get a vet out to scope and know for sure?

[QUOTE=RidingCowGirl;8566989]
It’s a feel test my vet thought me you do from there backbone to underbelly in the girth area and back there that swirl thing is by there back leg . When you do this u chart there reaction on a scale and that tells u if it’s a possibility of not I did it and got no reaction at all he just stood there half asleep[/QUOTE]

If you want to rule out ulcers, you don’t do it by feeling swirls.
You a) get the horse scoped, or b) try a course of ulcer medication and judge the results.