Unlimited access >

Horseflight - Anyone have experience with them?

I’m going to be moving my horse practically across the country in a few months (Texas -> Oregon), and given the journey via ground (31 hours of driving, 2000 miles) and our proximity to major airports, I thought it was worth looking into air transport instead. Does anyone have experience using Horseflight to fly horses either domestically/internationally? Would you recommend them?

I was very impressed with their quotes and it compares more favorably than I thought to ground transportation. Any other things that I should be considering when weighing whether to fly him or trailer him?

Since no one with direct experience is responding, I’ll give this a bump with indirect experience.

While I have never flown a horse anywhere, it seems that many of the horses that come from Europe into LAX fly via Horseflight. No one has ever said anything bad about their experience. Someone said the person they worked with was great, but I don’t know if it was a Horseflight person or an import broker.

A friend looked into flying her horse from SoCal to TX about two years ago and opted for ground transportation after seeing what it would cost. She was able to add hers to a load that was going directly, so hers went from our barn, to the other horses’ barn, to their new barn in TX.