Unlimited access >

Horses without humans Horse training abuse

Horses without humans is a rescue organization located in Bell, FL. There’s a video on Facebook by Osomatsu Matsuno showing abusive training of a mostly feral rescue horse if anyone wants to see (viewer discretion advised).

Since the Facebook link wasn’t working… It’s also on YouTube (6 videos).

Apparently the sheriff’s office is looking for witnesses to come forward.

The rescue was founded by Yvonne Barteau (KYB dressage). Some people have been asking where the donations are going (if they are actually spending the donations on the rescue vs. Yvonne’s personal dressage horses). Again this is just conjecture.

I know completely feral horses can be difficult but surely they could appeal to the public so they could get a mustang trainer to come work with the horse rather than resort to what is in the video.

Many people have supported this rescue (Spirit of the horse did a beautiful show over Christmas supporting this rescue).

All I know is what was posted on Facebook. Anyone with information should contact the authorities handling this matter.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Your post reads as if you believe that everyone already knows what is on your mind. I have no idea. No idea what FB page, either.

A link would be helpful.

2 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough. I edited the original post.

Did they choke down that horse? Why??? I wouldn’t call that training. That’s just abuse.

1 Like

I know that she has a long time sponsor, but I do think it’s fascinating that she has a new six figure Grand Prix horse, and also runs this rescue. Seems very different than most other rescues I know.

2 Likes

Has anyone contacted the local ASPCA?

I wondered that as well - I couldn’t really tell what was going on. Was the rope around it’s neck? In it’s jaw? Maybe I just need better glasses. :frowning:

1 Like

It appears to be a slip knot type of rope so the rope just keeps getting tighter and not releasing the pressure at all. That and the guy yanking doesn’t seem to give the rope at all.

1 Like

How awful. Definitely not the way to do it.

This is disturbing…and what a time to have it come out. It makes you wonder what will be next.

1 Like

I have been to some of their theatrical shows. There is something “Tiger KIng” about what they do… I’m not sure everything is on the up and up…

2 Likes