Unlimited access >

Horsey App- Long overdue or no potential appeal?

Hello,
I have forever thought that the creation of a horse app that simulates the “AA Circuit” is long overdue. Imagine, people being able to compete in jumping events at Wef, Old Salem, Devon, Hamptons, Indoors, etc. Jump real courses that were actually set and use horses that are known to all. You could steer and jump at the touch of buttons!
The only app, however, that even somewhat has horses jumping is “Jumping Horses Champion” (check it out- the riders position would make GM cringe!), but I feel theres a market for something in more detail. The top teenage riders on Instagram have thousands of followers, sometimes even tens of thousands. Wouldn’t these young fans love a glimpse into the real world of elite showjumping?
(I am not actually making this game, no experience in coding or programming or whatever- I’m just wondering- what makes this something that hasn’t been done before?)
What would be in your ideal app?
I would like to go around the Saturday Night Lights grand prixs with a horse like Willow (an app would be just about the closest I’d ever get) !

I think it’d be more fun to have a fantasy/rotisserie type game using USEF reported show data.

I don’t know why more people don’t play Jumpy Horses Jumping. I have a fantastically talented Grand Prix zebra. I tried to event it, but I kept crashing and burning…

In all seriousness, OP, I think your game would be kind of cool, but it would take some serious animation skill to get the mannerisms of each horse!

[QUOTE=supershorty628;8090680]
I don’t know why more people don’t play Jumpy Horses Jumping. I have a fantastically talented Grand Prix zebra. I tried to event it, but I kept crashing and burning…[/QUOTE]

Have you tried the Shire? Move the combinations out and you’re golden.
But yeah, the Jumpy Horse game is more or less what you’re describing - not individual horses, and European courses rather than American shows but a lot of fun to play.

I was thinking about this a lot the other day as I love playing fantasy soccer/baseball and wished there was something similar for horses.

I think instead of having a team you could have a few riders on your roster and their horses automatically added with them. Then before the show you could select who you want to be/ride according to who is in the show that weekend, and the points are the same.

I am also waiting for the Farmville Dream Stable edition. :slight_smile:

I think you should do it, I remember playing sim horses on AOL as a kid too. We would ‘create’ our own horses and then enter them in shows (which were one member drawing names out of a hat and posting the results). You could sell, breed, or trade horses as well. I’d totally play this game if it was ‘adultified’ and more realistic (aka you could buy Antares saddles at level 10).

Also what is this Jumpy Horses Jumping? I found an ap called Jumping Horses, it looks interesting except you have to pay for the full version to ride most of the courses.

The animation seems to be a problem in most of these games too :wink:

I think you could even make a free version and use advertising from horse companies for revenue…like they could sponsor a jump for example, and then users don’t have to pay except for fancy upgrades or extra lives (the Kim Kardashian game is a great example of this).

Jumpy Horses Jumping is an app for … Android, I think. I have it on my computer.

iEquitate, I keep having rotational falls with the Shire.

Hahahaha, I had this idea several months ago - kind of like the Kim Kardashian app, but horses. LOL