Unlimited access >

How do I look up history/inspection results?

A mare out of Winterprinz was given to us and I am desperately looking for more information on her. I’ve tried contacting the Hanoverian society but it didn’t help. If anyone could help me look or do a quick search I would love it.

When did you contact AHS? Is it possible they were closed or on short staff for the holidays?

Also - it would help them locate your mare in their database if you know the year she was born and her dam’s name. Is she branded?

Oh - your mare is by Winterprinz. “Out of” refers to her dam.

Also, do you know who bred her? You might contact the breeder to see if they have any records on her?

Sorry for the confusion! I have more info, I have her year and dam etc, but that’s it (didn’t want to post it out right as I wasn’t sure what kind of people I would have responding) I contacted the AHS a few moths ago just asking to see records and they demand I get a blood sample. Well that didn’t happen, especially just for records, we know she’s the horse. We know who bred her too but, it’s just full of drama and everyone wants this horse out of their life, that’s why we have her.

But anyway her dam is Gianna Luca, 2007 chesnut mare, she’s not branded but was mentioned in a article at one point (about being at an inspection).

Sorry I’m very new to the forums so I hope I replied right!

Did I reply right? Lol

[QUOTE=zBlaze_xD;8466640]
Sorry for the confusion! I have more info, I have her year and dam etc, but that’s it (didn’t want to post it out right as I wasn’t sure what kind of people I would have responding) I contacted the AHS a few moths ago just asking to see records and they demand I get a blood sample. Well that didn’t happen, especially just for records, we know she’s the horse. We know who bred her too but, it’s just full of drama and everyone wants this horse out of their life, that’s why we have her.

But anyway her dam is Gianna Luca, 2007 chesnut mare, she’s not branded but was mentioned in a article at one point (about being at an inspection). [/QUOTE]

So much of this doesn’t make sense; people can’t help you if you don’t provide the necessary information. But based on what you have said:

1. No, the AHS records are not publicly available for you to search, even if you had all the information (e.g., sire).

2. Even if someone was resourceful enough or had access to certain information, you have not provided enough information about the mare to identify her in any set of available records.

3. The AHS will not typically provide you with information regarding any of the horses in their studbook unless you are the owner or have permission with the owner.

4. I doubt the AHS “demanded” a blood test; more likely, they asked you to submit a DNA test to assist you with identifying the horse and confirming on their part that the horse you’re asking about is in fact a horse in their database. Based on past experience (and I think many horse people will agree), the AHS doesn’t give much weight to someone with whom they have no experience based simply on their “say so.”

5. Hard for me to reconcile your post requesting breeding/inspection records with your attitude “Well that didn’t happen, especially just for records.” The DNA test is less than a couple hundred dollars; on a “free” mare, this would seem to be a rather trivial expense if you really wanted the information.

If papers were important to you, you would not have gotten a mare that came without papers. I’m sure that it’s just curiosity on your part that brings you to ask the question, but, as BH says above, without proof of ownership the office won’t release that info. As a member of the AHS I support that policy.

At least you know from the AHS Quarterly article online that she scored an overall 7. So, she should be a nice mare. Certainly nice enough to go through the process of obtaining a duplicate set of papers if you decide to breed her. If not, just enjoy her.

If you are an AHS member mare inspection results are available if you know the sire and dam. There is an online data base, with results of that particular breeding by year of inspection but not listed by mare’s name. You will need to be a member to access it.

It’s not about the papers, I don’t care if I have papers or not I just wanted to find out more about her scores. We will not be breeding her by any means. And what more information would I need? I don’t quite follow what’s so wrong.

How much is a membership to AHS?

Here is the link to the membership info for AHS: http://hanoverian.org/ahs-membership-and-services/