Unlimited access >

How do you wear your hair under your helmet?

How ever I can get it to stay in. I have wild unruly hair and during my show years, I would wet it down (not soaked) just wet it and hoped my braids and hair net would keep it up.
Now I just kinda wrap and tuck and will braid it and pin up the braids when I compete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncQIgeEAhQ

I do it like this every single time (mostly because the woman in the green is the one who taught me!).

[QUOTE=KandC;8762624]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncQIgeEAhQ

I do it like this every single time (mostly because the woman in the green is the one who taught me!).[/QUOTE]

Thats how I do mine for shows and hot days. My hair is thick and touches my butt lol so if it works for mine I bet it’ll work for most :wink:

otherwise a braid works best for me, a ponytail tends to end up a dreadlock by the time I’m done for the day! I like those wide no slip headbands to keep hair out of my face at home.

[QUOTE=ilmjumper;8765142]
Thats how I do mine for shows and hot days. My hair is thick and touches my butt lol so if it works for mine I bet it’ll work for most :wink:

otherwise a braid works best for me, a ponytail tends to end up a dreadlock by the time I’m done for the day! I like those wide no slip headbands to keep hair out of my face at home.[/QUOTE]

You should make a video, I also have thick, butt-touching hair and I definitely can not do it as shown in that video… for one thing, I have to flip it twice or it just hangs out in the front down to my chin (oh, the hilarity). For another thing, I have to have two sizes of helmet, one for up and one for down, and if I don’t get my up hair into the correct shape my helmet still doesn’t fit correctly and is not safe. I spend too much time getting my hair up, whack the visor, helmet slides, then have to take it down and try again…with muttering and gnashing of teeth.

If I’m wearing my hair casually and just want it out of my face, I like to braid it and then put a buff or half buff (those things from Survivor–lazy girl bandanas) over it. I used to use my no-knot hairnets the same way, but the buffs are even sturdier and you can get a huge set of knock-off brand for super cheap.

Hair net.

I have a disgusting amount of curly, blonde hair with a halo of “whispies” around my face. Since the time I stopped riding in braids and bows my hair as been up in a hair net in my helmet.

Secure your hair in a low pony with a hair tie to your liking. Hair net goes over to secure any frizz (and will hold in your side bangs), then fasten with another a hair tie and hair goes up in the helmet. I’ve had super short and super long (obnoxious) hair and this is always the way I’ve done it. TBH I’m a little OCD when it comes to putting my hair in my helmet…

I have long layers, so one of those thing headbands, low ponytail, flip head over, pin pony up with clip, then hairnet and then helmet.

Works for moi

Have had daily “hunter hair” since 1973. Never seen a reason to change. It’s just a little thinner these days, that’s all. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have really, really long thick hair. I braid it down my back and tame fly-aways with two little clip barrettes.