How long before you know the NSAID is working for you?

That’s pretty much it, doc prescribed Piroxicam/Feldene for my shoulder (multiple tears/tendonosis) and I’ve been taking it for 10 days. I really don’t notice a difference at all…even with the “minor” ouchies I have (knee,ankle, old groin pull):no: I was told this was powerful stuff…am I just a freak of nature that it’s not working, or…???:confused:

I was on feldene for a few years for chronic neck pain. It works pretty well and is cheap. The only drawback for me was the once-a-day thing. I usually feel worse in the afternoon, and I remember being limited to Tylenol (doesn’t work great for me) to supplement it. I don’t remember having any stomach problems with it, but I haven’t taken it for a while. I’ve since switched to naproxen. Now that I think about, I’m probably due to switch back pretty soon.

bumping for more feedback…:slight_smile:

I think it took about three days for me to start having Highly Objectionable side effects from Naproxen, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes a while to really kick in.

(I know they’ve done studies that aspirin taken routinely for ongoing inflammation like arthritis works MUCH better than aspirin just taken as needed for pain.)

(The Naproxen made me lightheaded and I almost fainted in class. Whee. So now my doctors don’t experiment with NSAIDs with me unless they REALLY REALLY have to.) (Apparently - we found out after - my aunt had some weird reaction to Naproxen also. Joy.)