Unlimited access >

How many stallions who went through the US 100 Day Test have/had an FEI career?

Special Memories is by Abdullah out of kluwall xx (dam of touch of class). I think he did the 100 DT in 1990 when it was in california. Unfortunately he was sick out there, but he still managed to pass!

Special Memories competed grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers.

Ilona,

Found all but PHAROH, ALTERNATIV (can find his website). Is Pharaoh still a stallion, is he by Parabol? I’ve added the rest, thanks for the info.

Our stallion Agincourt, tested in '92, became a GP jumper with Hap Hansen, retired from show jumping at 13. Agincourt will compete at PSG this year having competed successfully (scores in the mid-60’s) at 4th level.

Great idea to compile a list of those US tested stallions that have gone on to become successful performance horses. This is the kind of information that should be available to mare owners.

Ilona,

If you could link us to specific information. that would be helpful. I do not want to include the “showing 4th but schooling GP.” I want actually competing at FEI.

Andrea… very good idea… but can you (or anyone) tell me what Hunter requirements would (if completed) earn a stallion his lifetime breeding license with a WB registry. I am not familiar with Hunters, I know that the Dutch have a Hunter “program” (or they are about to launch one), and I think Oldenburg North American has at least one stallion who earned a life time breeding license because of his Hunter Division record. But I am not familiar with the requirements.

And Jackie and Cathy… thanks for the link .

thanks!

What about stallions that went to the test, but didn’t finish (for whatever reason), but went on to obtain lifetime breeding approval on FEI performance records?

My stallion Boleem is one, and as noted above Pikor was one? Any others?

What about Contigo M? I thought he went grand prix. I have not seen as much about hime lately, where did he go?

Lets not forget Idocus
Winner of his US testing at November Hill Farm

This is a great and helpful listing. I have contacted Erin and asked if this thread (when complete) can be saved in the Favorites Archive for future reference.

Touch wood he is alive, well and still very sound in Md.

You can see him at www.touchstonevalleyfarm.com

Thanks for asking!

Webster showed Dressage PSG/I1 before his early death. He did his test the same year as Idocus at November Hill

Actually, the BWP also has instituted a program that permits stallions to fulfill their performance requirements as a hunter. The requirements will be introduced in 2005. However, the stallions still need to present on the triangle and freejump the same gymnastics as the “traditional” stallion candidates for their approval and are judged by Belgian inspectors.

Here is an example of the hunter requirements:

In order to satisfy performance requirements, horses must compete in at least 4 “A” rated competitions and finish in the top 50% of
their Zone ”" as reported by the USEF.
3 year olds: Fence heights at least 3’ ”" for example: Pre-green hunter

4 year olds: Fence heights at least 3’3””" for example: High Pre-Green (3’3”) or Adult/Amateur

and so on…

Susan,
That is excellent… but the thread is about stallions that went through the 100 Day Test in the United States.

jackie posted:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Special Memories competed grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you tell me more about Special Memories and his breeding please. I’m drawing a blank!!

Hey guys I think Pharaoh might be in Germany now. Susan sent her boys over there according to her ads on AgDirect.

4th level is not FEI. According to Beth’s website DiVinci is at 4th level. Maybe she can say if he has competed above that level.

Rather than the “it’s something like” kind of misinformation (or he is schooling blah, blah, blah), I would like stallions from our 100DT who have actually competed at the FEI level.

Frohwind showed to FEI. Donavan went to GP. I believe that Di Vinci is also at FEI level now. Tallison competed through 4th Level - don’t know if he made it to FEI though. Didn’t Fuerst Gotthard also compete to FEI?

Thank you Jackie… I updated the OP…
btw, where is he now? And is it possible he was also known under a different name?