Unlimited access >

How many stallions who went through the US 100 Day Test have/had an FEI career?

How many of the stallions who went through the US 100DT have (or had) an FEI career?

Not sure if this is accurate, but it looks like there were tests in this country in 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004. IF there were 20 stallions at each of these tests, then there have been roughly 240 stallions tested here. OF those 240, how many have had an FEI career. We can think of:

1. Rio Grande - a world class Show Jumper, qualified for the 1996 Olympics for Canada, I think Rio Grande was the 5th stallion to ever go clean in the Shell Cup Derby (sp?) at Spruce Meadows( in the history of the event). - STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 135.39 points

2. Davignport - (with Bent Jensen) got to I1- STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 104.55 points

3. Pikör - I1 (Dressage)- November Hill in 1991 - medical excuse on final days of testing

4. Olympic Idocus - winner of the 100DT here also presented at the Hengstkeuring in Den Bosch in Febuary 2001. “He was accepted to go to Ermelo for the short 3 week test of the 70 day stallion performance testing. He was reviewed by the stallion committee and was named an “Approved” stallion at the end of his testing on March 31st, 2001. Idocus is the first stallion to be born in the Netherlands, “made” in the USA and returned to the Netherlands for Approval.”

5.Webster - Dressage PSG/I1

1. Wradar - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 123.29 points

2. Waldaire - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 85.84 points. Currently competing GP.

3. Kevekko - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 117.85 points

4. Da Vinci - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1993 at November Hill Farm, VA, 113.46 points

5. Fuerst Gotthard - GP show jumping - STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 132.24 points

6. Alternativ - Dressage- STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 111.87 points

7. Frohwind - Dressage - STPT: 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 137.54 points

8. Flambou - GP show jumping - 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 126.54 points

9. Gallarius - GP show jumping and competing FEI Dressage

10. Pharoah - FEI Dressage, to GP

11. Bordeaux - Dressage -STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 130.13 points

12. Agincourt - GP jumper with Hap Hansen, retired from show jumping at 13. Agincourt will compete at PSG this year. STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 108.12 points

13. Special Memories - grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers - STPT: 1990 at Rancho Murieta, CA

14. Donavan - 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 136.16 points

15. Maronjo - winner of the 1987 NovemberHill test 138.06 overall, 133.25 dressage, 136.91 jumping. Competed PSG/I1

16. Palladium - 1991 November Hill, 106.99 overall, 98.45 dressage, 117.48 jumping. Competed GP jumping

17. Florian - GP Dressage - 1986 Commonwealth Park in Virginia. 114.30 points and was 5/12. Florian’s owner sent him to the 100 Day Test UNBROKEN!!! He still came out 5/12!

You are right about Gallarius - we bred to him - he was in the GP jumpers then - switched to Dressage with Michael Barisone riding. I know he went PSG while here in NJ.

Ooops…my mistake. I’ll delete.

Thanks Andrea…

This thread is about data on stallions who went through the 100DT and then went on to actually have an FEI career (and therefore would have also actually earned a lifetime breeding license through performance in the upper levels of sport). So, if there are stallions who went through the 100DT and earned the Hunter equivalent of the FEI level of Hunters, let’s add them too *

*maybe with an asterisk explanation

And Sally,

I think we should each keep a copy of this list and update it from time to time… One huge advantage of posting it is that we get input about stallions we seldom hear of… brilliant competitors who, for what ever reason, seem to fall off the radar screen.

Pharoh may not still be competing. Alternativ is 23 - retired - Margaret Goodell owns him.

BTW - I only went through the ISR/OLDNA current breeders guide. If people have breeders guides for the other registries they can verify. Our guide lists where they were tested so it’s easy to track - plus ours publishes all the detailed scores from the testing here and in Europe every year - facilitates research.

Thanks once again guys… great info…

I think I’ve updated the OP with everything so far. And, I found info about the stallions scores and test dates and added that too.

Well some of the horses I saw compete GP, there are some that have scores from USDF shows, Wradar was on the Pan Am team with a rider from outside the country. Just check their individual websites.

Again - as far as the jumpers - others will have to weigh in.

Cartier, I am well aware that 4th Level is not FEI. I was simply trying - once again - to offer some helpful information. Some of the horses that I mentioned that showed through 4th Level MAY have gone past that. I figured that since you have so much free time on your hands, you could probably find out. I can now see that you are more intent in denigrating me than in focusing on your research project. Sorry to have upset your little world again this morning.

How many of the stallions who went through the US 100DT have (or had) an FEI career?

Not sure if this is accurate, but it looks like there were tests in this country in 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004. IF there were 20 stallions at each of these tests, then there have been roughly 240 stallions tested here. OF those 240, how many have had an FEI career. We can think of:

1. Rio Grande - a world class Show Jumper, qualified for the 1996 Olympics for Canada, I think Rio Grande was the 5th stallion to ever go clean in the Shell Cup Derby (sp?) at Spruce Meadows( in the history of the event). - STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 135.39 points

2. Davignport - (with Bent Jensen) got to I1- STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 104.55 points

3. Pikör - I1 (Dressage)- November Hill in 1991 - medical excuse on final days of testing

4. Olympic Idocus - winner of the 100DT here also presented at the Hengstkeuring in Den Bosch in Febuary 2001. “He was accepted to go to Ermelo for the short 3 week test of the 70 day stallion performance testing. He was reviewed by the stallion committee and was named an “Approved” stallion at the end of his testing on March 31st, 2001. Idocus is the first stallion to be born in the Netherlands, “made” in the USA and returned to the Netherlands for Approval.”

5.Webster - Dressage PSG/I1

1. Wradar - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 123.29 points

2. Waldaire - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 85.84 points. Currently competing GP.

3. Kevekko - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 117.85 points

4. Da Vinci - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1993 at November Hill Farm, VA, 113.46 points

5. Fuerst Gotthard - GP show jumping - STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 132.24 points

6. Alternativ - Dressage- STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 111.87 points

7. Frohwind - Dressage - STPT: 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 137.54 points

8. Flambou - GP show jumping - 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 126.54 points

9. Gallarius - GP show jumping and competing FEI Dressage

10. Pharoah - FEI Dressage, to GP

11. Bordeaux - Dressage -STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 130.13 points

12. Agincourt - GP jumper with Hap Hansen, retired from show jumping at 13. Agincourt will compete at PSG this year. STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 108.12 points

13. Special Memories - grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers - STPT: 1990 at Rancho Murieta, CA

14. Donavan - 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 136.16 points

15. Maronjo - winner of the 1987 NovemberHill test 138.06 overall, 133.25 dressage, 136.91 jumping. Competed PSG/I1

16. Palladium - 1991 November Hill, 106.99 overall, 98.45 dressage, 117.48 jumping. Competed GP jumping

17. Florian - GP Dressage - 1986 Commonwealth Park in Virginia. 114.30 points and was 5/12. Florian’s owner sent him to the 100 Day Test UNBROKEN!!! He still came out 5/12!

I also think the list might be worth mentioning the stallions that were tested and went on to have amazing hunter careers…

Jupiter is the obvious one that comes to mind…

Almost forget FLORIAN!!! Florian is the sire of CALEB!! Florian was in the 1986 stallion testing at Commonwealth Park in Virginia. 114.30 points and was 5/12. Florian is winning in Grand Prix Dressage. Think I should mention that Florian’s owner told me she sent him to the 100 Day Test UNBROKEN!!! He still came out 5/12!!

Here is the website for Special Memories
Special Memories

PHAROH, ALTERNATIV; DAVINCI (West.); KEVEKKO; WALDAIRE;WRADAR;

There are several that went through the testing here who have and still are competing in the Jumpers - but I’m not sure if it’s GP.

Also I know of at least 4 to 5 other stallions that are showing 4th and schooling FEI and will probably move up in 2005 or soon after.

Regarding DiVinci - Beth had him at a clinic I sponsored with S. Keisewetter in Sept. - he’s schooling FEI movements - so it wouldn’t be surprising to see them PSG in 2004.

I know there are other stallions who have either died or retired and aren’t breeding - so there could be several others.

Excellent idea. Where will this list be kept and updaTED FOR accuracy?

Thanks.
Sally

Here is hunter info from ISR/OLDNA website:

Hunter stallions may receive a Lifetime Breeding License on a case by case basis if they have superior show records (e.g. won “regular” or “2nd year” National Year End Awards or Championships).

I don’t know what the Dutch are doing with their new Hunter book…and not sure which if any of the others allow hunter records for performance requirements.

Chris, you wrote, <BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>… I believe that Di Vinci is also at FEI level now. Tallison competed through 4th Level - don’t know if he made it to FEI though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am not responding to your personal comments about me. AS for this thread, I simply want accurate information. That is not personal, it is simply a request for accurate information. 4th level is not FEI. That is not personal… that is a fact. The information you posted on that other thread was not accurate… that is not personal… that is a fact.
All my best to you and yours - Elaine

I loff my Olivier colt from this year. He’s gorgeous!

Go Fizzy!

Hi guys,

Of the Thomas Farms stallions that attended the US 100 DT, all three went on to FEI careers.

Flambou did GP show jumping

Gallarius did both GP show jumping and FEI dressage (I believe he is actually showing GP now).

Pharoah also went on to FEI dressage; GP I believe.

Gallarius and Pharoah were both in Germany training and competing last I heard.

Another horse that went throught the 100 DT here and is on the cusp of showing FEI dressage is Olivier (Owillie) by Idocus. He will be making his FEI debut this spring, and from what I’ve seen he will be coming out with a bang! He will definitely be one to watch for next year.

Spectrum.

edited to say: Sue Thomas’s website is www.thomasfarm.com if you want pictures, etc. Last I checked the performance results were sadly out of date for all three stallions, though (as in, 7-8 years out of date).

Maronjo - winner of the 1987 NovemberHill test 138.06 overall, 133.25 dressage, 136.91 jumping.
Competed PSG/I1

Palladium - 1991 November Hill, 106.99 overall, 98.45 dressage, 117.48 jumping. Competed GP jumping

What about adding Boleem to the list with a footnote that his test was in Holland? And any others whose test was overseas? I’m just grateful to have a list of stallions who competed at the highest levels of the sports.

And for his owner, wouldn’t he qualify for approval with the NA/WPN with his performance results?