Unlimited access >

How to turn off huge "Show Season Preview" ad?

Mods, is there anyway to “clear” or disable the huge Tryon International 2024 Show Season Preview ad? It’s really disruptive. It usually doesn’t load right away, and I’m already scrolling down the page. Inevitably, I go to click on a forum topic at the same time the ad finally decides to load and takes up my entire screen; and then I accidentally end up clicking on the ad instead of what I wanted to click on.

I understand advertising is how we keep things free but this one is really, really annoying.

9 Likes

I agree – I’ve seen it how many dozen times now, it just doesn’t quit.

I’m starting not to see it at all, though … that’s what happens with oversaturation.

Here’s a screen shot. I am on a 20" desktop computer and it takes up the whole screen.

No matter which part of the forum I go to, it loads every time (although sometimes not right away) and then takes up my whole screen.

1 Like

I get that ad quite often. It is so annoying. I can scroll past it, but it takes time to scroll, and I don’t need this in my face constantly.

Rebecca

The thing I have found that works is to edit your link in favourites.

If you use this https://forum.chronofhorse.com/ you do not see the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE ad.

It works! Brilliant! :smile:

I’ve been using that link for a long time, and I still get the ginormous ad.

Rebecca

That path is what I use too, and I still get the huge ad.

Clear your browsing data. Depending on your browser; (This is Chrome)

1 Like

Thanks.

Rebecca

thank you! :heart_eyes: