Unlimited access >

How to Watch WKC Dog Show Online?

I give up. I’m not even gonna try anymore. I have such a bad taste in my mouth over this that I don’t want to even support WKC virtually. I’m fed up with them.
I did find some breed classes to watch after the fact on YouTube but the videographer was in a ridiculous place – all I could see were a lot of fat bottoms. Male and female human bottoms and more backs of women’s thighs than I’ve ever wanted to see.
Screw this.

Thank you everyone who tried. Bottom line is, I can’t watch, and I’m not gonna get myself all sad and disappointed about this anymore. Ever since 1989 I’ve never missed a show and WKC f***ed that up this year. I am literally sick with disappointment but I’m also p!$$ed off.
Screw them.

Well sorry but obviously it’s not them, it’s you. They are streaming - you can’t access it for some reason though. When you follow the link - what happens? Are you trying to watch at times they are not streaming? (Because if you do, there is nothing there).

But yes, the camera is never in a position that makes it really amazing for breed competition. If it is a full ring, there is literally no place for a camera to be.

well, I totally screwed up last night, and didnt realize that herding was last night and missed it entirely. Is there any way to watch a replay of herding? (even though I know who won?)

Well, when you can figure out where to place a camera in a packed ring, you can go tell those professionals how to do it right . Those cameras are stationary & set up to show off the down & back & exam. There are painted lines on the ground for the exhibitors to line up against and aim for.

My breed had 22 large dogs in it - there is no way to do the initial go around and stack without using every single inch of ring border and yes, that means people’s rumps are in the camera view.

Talk about sour grapes …

Nominated dogs are the ones that got an invite and were the top 5 dogs in their breed at the end of the season. Once those responses are in, they open the competition up to any dog that has it’s championship by the closing date. A lot of invitees don’t attend for whatever reason (distance, out of coat, costs, etc) so you end up with a subset of the invitees and then a collection of other champions & grand champions.

If you go here - https://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/breed-results/, and pick on the “full results” link for your breed, you’ll get the breed winners AND everyone who was entered. Dogs that were entered but didn’t show up will be marked absent.

Thanks, and yes, that is the link I posted earlier (post #17).

I was depressed to see the #1 Welsh Terrier not entered even though he was on the early list of invitees (co-owned by an acquaintance). The dog that won BoB yesterday (as well as last year) was not on the early list but he is handled by probably the top Terrier handler in the country (who also co-bred and co-owns him), and that dog is little showman, so it will be interesting to see how he does in the Group tonight.

1 Like

As well as the breed National Specialty show winner.

I guess the live feed was down for some time today; I am at work and couldn’t watch anyway but it was disappointing for a lot of people.

My dog’s sire was entered but didn’t attend. He’s from the west coast so not sure if they just changed their minds at some point. I’ll have to find out.

Our breed was won by last year’s winner, I believe. Still waiting on confirmation.

The judging for my breed was posted. Only four dogs competed, fewer than were nominated. The camera angle was fine and it was easy to judge each dog. I didn’t find the link on the Westminster website, someone on Facebook posted it.

I watched a video of Monday’s Borzoi judging, but I haven’t watched any livestream today. I was hoping to watch livestream for the English Setters but had a conference call. I’m hoping they post the results soon for the Sporting Group Breed winner from this morning. That should include results for your Brittany Spaniels.

Edited to add that I think fuel prices may have been a contributing factor for many folks to stay home this year, esp. for folks on the west coast. The Welsh Terrier I was hoping would be there is from the SE, and I know his co-owner and his handler make the trek to Westminster most years, so I’m not sure why they passed it up this year.

1 Like

There will be a breed judging video for every breed; they put them up pretty quickly after today’s live stream failure.

They are easy to watch from the website and you can see the catalog too so you can find out which dog is being judged if you can read the armband.

Earlier, I clicked on the breed judging link on the Westminster website and only got commercials, so I guess the live feed from that ring was done and the video wasn’t archived. I did pick the winner. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just turned it on and saw the schnauzer winner. Bred from 37 year old semen! Guess it was frozen :grin:

There was another dog last night that was bred from frozen semen. I think it was 20 year-old semen. Learned something new!

1 Like

Which Schnauzer? Miniature, Standard, or Giant?

Brittany results are now posted.
https://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/breed-results?id=brit&season=2022

Thanks - I was able to watch the video; someone had shared a photo taken from the grounds of win photos being taken but I couldn’t tell which award.

Merit is a really nice dog, and beautifully presented; he looked great. Of course last year’s breed winner, Pennie, was my favorite for this year (she went opposite). I got to play with her puppies several times in the fall as they were whelped near me. She has some puppies pointed from the 6-9 month class already. :slight_smile: It was also a breeding from old frozen semen - about 20 years old.

1 Like

sorry, standard; his name is Bogart

Thanks. I haven’t watched that video but I am assuming the win was well deserved as he is the current #1 for that breed by a long shot, with over 16,000 points versus the #2 Standard Schnauzer with just over 1000 points. He also has 12 BIS wins - the only SS to win an All-Breed SS in the current year. He is currently #7 in the top 100 rankings (All Breeds).

But he will have some tough competition in the Working Group tonight as the #3 dog won BoB for Samoyeds.

I’m sure there will be other tough competitors in the WG but that Sam is a gorgeous dog and certainly one to watch.

I used the first link provided by @sparkygrace. It shows every breed class. You just click on the “watch here” button next to the breed class. No sign in or anything. Not live stream but you can watch every class.

1 Like

The grapes were sour before the show even started.

I watched the Dobermans on recording, as I don’t get FS1 or FS2. It was only about an hour after the actual classes before it was posted. Not really a big deal. Watching after the fact allowed me to pause, rewind, and review the dogs/handlers that interested me. I could take notes and compare entries. I had the top 2 bitches and top 4 dogs, but in slightly different orders. It was a big class, 28, so they split dogs and bitches. It was raining and Dobermans are NOT fans of rain, so some definitely did not show well. I was amazed there was a fawn in the class, nice dog that got some love from the judge.

The camera man did a great job in ring 7. They even zoomed in during the individual exams to get good looks at the entries. The BOB winner was a very elegant bitch.

2 Likes