Unlimited access >

How to Watch WKC Dog Show Online?

I agree that the camera was pretty darn good for my breed too. Of course people blocked it from time to time, and ran in front of it. There is no other option unless the camera is in the center of the ring (which will never happen).

My dog won Best of Winners at our national specialty a few years ago; the video my daughter took was atrocious - the final cut still had so many dogs they were lined up all around the entire ring. You can catch a few glimpses of us but in general, the video is nonexistent. Even spectators couldn’t see.

Having someone’s butt in the camera for 2 seconds is no big deal.

1 Like

I videoed for a couple friends of mine. One was doing a cross country course on a lesson horse who was not being very good and I was commenting ‘son of a bitch, piece of s’ etc (as you do :grin:) and as we watched with those who weren’t there they were sayin ‘guess you didn’t like that horse, huh?’

For the other friend I was videoing her flat class and someone walked right in front of me of course I was swearing in my mind but didn’t say anything. When we showed it the watchers said ‘thought you’d be swearing up a storm’. My reply ‘she’s going to show it to her mother I can’t be swearing’ :blush:

1 Like

Since I had missed the livestream of English Setters, I watched the video replay later. There was a lot of eye candy in that ring (including the judge :heart_eyes:).

I feel a bit smug because I picked out Belle to be the winner. And I was so happy to see her win the Sporting Group. What a lovely bitch. :star_struck:

1 Like

And I was disappointed to see that the top terrier handler that showed his own Welsh Terrier to BoB, passed it off to another handler (I guess his assistant) for the Group, so he could handle another dog in the Group. But I assume the other dog was owned by a paying client, so I understand his priorities.

And although I was still rooting for Belle the English Setter for BIS, I was happy to see the Bloodhound pull off a historic win.

1 Like

The order of the pass off is absolutely orchestrated in advance, and usually the pros call - they want to be on the one most likely to win. I’m certain if that pro thought their own dog was the better dog, they would have stayed on it at Westminster.

It’s true that they get paid a lot for showing at Westminster, but still…it would be hard to believe they would pass off their own dog if it would be likely to place or win just for the money.

PS this is one more reason I like to show my own dog. You don’t have to deal with that.

1 Like