Unlimited access >

How Would You Load This Trailer?

Hello all,
I am a newbie at trailering horses. I have a gooseneck stock trailer with a front tack room. The cut gate is at a slant and positions the front horse in front of the axles. The space behind the cut gate puts the rear horse 1/2 to 3/4 over the axles, with the hind end behind the axles. One of my horses is probably 200-300 pounds heavier than my other horse. How would you recommend positioning the horses?
Thank you for your thoughts!

in the grand scheme of things 200/300 pounds should no have much if any affect on the trailer… however if you are using a light weight truck such as a 1/2 ton the loading distribution may have an affect. 3/4 or 1 ton trucks there should not be any noticeable issues.

(and there is the added question, is the trail level when loaded ? if not the load distribution changes)

I don’t think it matters? I have a 16 foot stock ( no tackroom) It has a center divide. I haul 2 horses in the front part and 1 in the back part. It stays level and hauls fine.

So it’s a slant load gooseneck trailer? And you’re pulling it with a 3/4 ton at least?

The rear stall is likely to be larger, so if one of the horses is longer/wider, then I’d put him in that stall.