Unlimited access >

Huge THANK YOU to good breeders!!!!

Reading a few threads recently made me really think about how much I owe to the lovely folks who bred my 2 fabulous partners…and any number of wonderful horses I’ve been lucky enough to know and ride over the years.

In case you don’t hear this often enough…THANK YOU!!! You who dedicate your lives (and money, and sanity lots of times…LOL) to produce the fantastic horses that we get to enjoy riding and training and loving. We’d all literally have nothing if you didn’t do what you do.

That’s all…I just was watching my filly this morning and thinking about how many breeder’s blood, sweat and tears are embedded in my little Gingernut… So THANK YOU to all you breeder’s out there brave enough to do the job :smiley:

Thank You !

[QUOTE=dqsid;7857081]
Reading a few threads recently made me really think about how much I owe to the lovely folks who bred my 2 fabulous partners…and any number of wonderful horses I’ve been lucky enough to know and ride over the years.

In case you don’t hear this often enough…THANK YOU!!! You who dedicate your lives (and money, and sanity lots of times…LOL) to produce the fantastic horses that we get to enjoy riding and training and loving. We’d all literally have nothing if you didn’t do what you do.

That’s all…I just was watching my filly this morning and thinking about how many breeder’s blood, sweat and tears are embedded in my little Gingernut… So THANK YOU to all you breeder’s out there brave enough to do the job :D[/QUOTE]

Thank you for those very kind words!

Very kind of you and much appreciated.

I appreciate it as well…breeding lovely sport horses really is a labor of love…

I hesitate to say thank you because I would assume that every breeder considers themselves to be a good breeder, but in the spirit in which it was intended, thank you and you are welcome.

Thank you for your kind words. I am sure that many breeders appreciate them!

I also say, thank you!

One of my lovely horses came from a very small, backyard breeder. She picked a great stallion to cross with a nice mare, and I ended up with my heart horse.

My other mare came from a successful larger breeder that was downsizing. I received a good deal, on an awesome prospect…and adore that horse as well.

My last one came from a great breeder that had bred horses for generations in their family. I really feel honored that I own one from this families program. He is an outstanding example of his breed in every way.

A huge thank you to the breeders that put thought into the crosses, start with great mares, and get them into suitable homes!

Thank You for taking the time to say this!! As we were out feeding in -25 windchill and snow yesterday morning, I thought about how hard this farm life can be. Then I read your post and it warmed me up!

It is very nice to hear a “thank you” to the breeders. It does start with the breeder, their dreams, research, buying good mares and matching them well, then doing everything possible to raise a healthy foal to a respectful young horse. It is a labor of love, whether on a small scale as I have been for well over 30 years, or on a larger scale, it can be an expensive roller coaster! It is always nice to hear from those who have the babies we’ve produced and how they are doing. Thanks for your kind words!
PennyG
The Krugerrand Run Farm
Columbiana, AL

[QUOTE=NoDQhere;7860061]
Thank You for taking the time to say this!! As we were out feeding in -25 windchill and snow yesterday morning, I thought about how hard this farm life can be. Then I read your post and it warmed me up![/QUOTE]

I’m so glad if it warmed you up a bit…winter has set in here too, and I was thinking about winter challenges as I was getting a load of hay in the 40mph wind and -18 this morning =( Here’s hoping it’s a much shorter and easier winter than last year!!!

There’s so many of you out there that we’d all be so blessed to stand at the rail of a show with you and listen to your comments on what you see…there’s soooo much to learn!!!

Amen!

I am grateful for the fact when I knew I would want a young horse I was able to search and find many quality youngsters in the US. Because of that, I was able to discern qualities I did and didn’t like from various stallions, and combined with experience riding and videos of older siblings from the same lines could figure out what I hoped to find. Without the many quality youngsters out there, I wouldn’t have had such choice in finding the perfect match for me.

I try to regularly tell Anissa how much I love my girl, but I am grateful for all the breeders and community producing quality horses who make it so those of us who want to find youngsters to raise/develop can find them. :slight_smile:

Thank you for thanking us. As a breeder I sometimes felt like a used car salesman. :winkgrin: I never knew what I was getting into when I dipped my toe into that pond, but what a journey. It was a veritable roller coaster ride. But I would not have missed it - highs and lows. Both ends of the spectrum taught me. Again, thank you. Keep up with your breeders. They will be so very grateful.

You say it so well. If you like the horse you are riding, thank the breeder. The part of the breeding equation that often does not even get mentioned.

I hope that some of the breeders that post on this site read this post! So great of someone to post this at holiday time. I looked up my 21 year old mares breeder this past year and have been corresponding with her to let her know how much I have appreciated having a product of her breeding program in my life.