Unlimited access >

Humid Cape Weather (dealing with sweat)

Hi all!
So since it’s that time of year where Mother Nature starts to crank the heat up, and the rides get sweatier and sweatier I was wondering what my fellow COTHers use to beat the heat.

Specifically, keeping from smelling awful after a ride.

I’m one of those people who sweats perfusely and has been diagnosed with Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) which had been treated through medication but when I exercise, specifically speaking when I ride, I get VERY sweaty. Before I get on, while on and I can’t stop sweating afterward. My face just keeps beading with sweat.

I’ve been on the search for a deoderant which works well when exercising, and haven’t been able to find it. Any ones you guys use which masks the post-ride stench very well?

Also, any riding shirts you guys know of that ventilate well and can be worn in 70-80+ degrees?

I lived on the Cape for a year, but wasn’t there over the summer, sadly. I’m in Texas now, so the 90s-100s PLUS humidity is beastly.

I really like Lululemon, Glyder, and Lucy brand tops that are made for yoga, etc. but are moisture wicking. As for deodorant, I picked up some TOMS in the green tube, and am really liking it.

A friend of mine says not sweating is essentially unhealthy…but uses something that resembles an ice ball. It eliminates the bacteria which produces the odor. Personally, I don’t like to sweat…maybe I should try the ball after shower then an antiperspirent .

Interesting info. http://powerpointparadise.com/alum.htm

Make a solution of whatever brace/liniment you normally use & water, then use that to sluice yourself (& your horse!) off after you ride.

Vetrolin is good, but I like a COTH homebrew:
equal parts wintergreen alcohol, witch hazel & Listerine or generic mint mouthwash

Feels good, cools you as it evaporates and makes your muscles feel good too :yes:

I have trouble with BO if I don’t use what works for me. WHITE Dial soap followed by applying Degree deodorant, then powder to help keep me dry, then more Degree.
I panic if I’m traveling and don’t have these ingredients because I know the “goats” will soon be following me around. White Dial soap is popular. Last time i really needed it I got the last bar. Whew!