Unlimited access >

Hunter/Jumper Barns in Central NJ

Hi All,

I am trying to find a new hunter/jumper barn in central NJ. I saw Leah Epstein has setup shop at Tolleshunt Farm in Whitehouse, NJ. Does anyone have experience with her? Also, does anyone have any info on Desiderio, Ltd. in Bedminster (not to be confused with the Desiderios that own Tranquility Farm)

I am horseless right now so I need a place with at least a few lesson horses. I would like to buy within the next 2-3 years and would like to compete in the jumpers (NJHSA, Garden State, HITS, etc)

Any info at all or other recommendations are welcome!

If I was going to start up again now, I would take a look at the Redfield program.

send me a PM and I can give you the low down on a lot of programs in the area .

I don’t believe that Desiderio Ltd. in Bedminster is hunter/jumper oriented like Tranquillity is.

I am not familiar with Leah Epstein but other barns in the area to try who have school horses are Redfield in Califon & Palermo in Bedminster. Both are around at local shows. I think Nona Garson may also have school horses at her place, The Ridge. Good luck!

I rode at Nona’s farm years ago, her kindness has never been forgotten by me and my other horseless friends she helped. I don’t know if she still has a school string.

Tranquillity is top notch.

Thanks everyone. Nona’s is as about as far as I would be willing to travel. Tranquillity is beautiful, but is about 30 minutes away.

Any options in the Flemington/Readington area?

I don’t know if West Orange is considered central or not, but I rode at Essex Equestrian Center in college and found it a great place. They have tons of nice lesson horses and a HEATED indoor arena. Nice trainers and they do shows too.

http://www.essexequestrian.com/

Leah Epstein at Ithilien Stables at Tolles Hunt

[QUOTE=jumper86;7840068]
Hi All,

I am trying to find a new hunter/jumper barn in central NJ. I saw Leah Epstein has setup shop at Tolleshunt Farm in Whitehouse, NJ. Does anyone have experience with her? Also, does anyone have any info on Desiderio, Ltd. in Bedminster (not to be confused with the Desiderios that own Tranquility Farm)

I am horseless right now so I need a place with at least a few lesson horses. I would like to buy within the next 2-3 years and would like to compete in the jumpers (NJHSA, Garden State, HITS, etc)

Any info at all or other recommendations are welcome![/QUOTE]

Hi, I moved with Leah Epstein to Ithilien Stables at Tolles Hunt. Leah is awesome. She is an amazing trainer for all levels of riders and all age groups. She has some really fabulous school horses including some that are show horses and you could easily take the ring. Leah helped me find a great lease on an awesome show horse that was in my budget and definitely will be in the ribbons in the show ring. Also, I have found the other people in this barn extremely supportive and drama free.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.