Unlimited access >

Hunter Jumper Barns in Pullman, WA?

Hello,

I am considering moving to Pullman, WA for school. I’m looking for a barn that is predominantly hunter/jumper oriented since that is what I do with my horse. I am certainly not opposed to dressage or event riders being in the same barn-just looking for a place with a great H/J trainer! Looking for a barn with great care, co-boarders, plenty of turnout, and for a place thats not looking to nickel and dime me for all I’m worth :).

Let me know if you have information about any barns in Pullman, WA or Moscow, ID that might work.

Thanks!

You might contact the WSU IHSA team. They have a decent size hunt seat team and they will DEFINITELY know all the barns in the area. They have a pretty active Facebook page and they’re a very nice group.

[QUOTE=541hunter;8369489]
You might contact the WSU IHSA team. They have a decent size hunt seat team and they will DEFINITELY know all the barns in the area. They have a pretty active Facebook page and they’re a very nice group.[/QUOTE]

I thought the team rode out of Seattle? Maybe things have changed since I left in 2008.

Now full disclosure, I moved away from Pullman a while ago, but when I was there it wasn’t exactly a H/J hot spot. I don’t know of any trainers that teach out of Pullman/Moscow. Most barns were just ok. I rode at Wonder-not the nicest facility but the owners were very generous and nice to me and let me ride their sons horse for free for years.

I remember there was a nice place on the highway on the way out of town. No lessons, but a nice barn with an indoor. Most you will find are self care with a mixed crowd. Flying B stables was a nice place but mostly Pony club.

Unless its drastically different you will probably have to haul up to Spokane for good hunter/jumper lessons.

[QUOTE=Jersey Fresh;8369778]
I thought the team rode out of Seattle? Maybe things have changed since I left in 2008.

Now full disclosure, I moved away from Pullman a while ago, but when I was there it wasn’t exactly a H/J hot spot. I don’t know of any trainers that teach out of Pullman/Moscow. Most barns were just ok. I rode at Wonder-not the nicest facility but the owners were very generous and nice to me and let me ride their sons horse for free for years.

I remember there was a nice place on the highway on the way out of town. No lessons, but a nice barn with an indoor. Most you will find are self care with a mixed crowd. Flying B stables was a nice place but mostly Pony club.

Unless its drastically different you will probably have to haul up to Spokane for good hunter/jumper lessons.[/QUOTE]

They board in Moscow currently at a private facility according to their website, but they held their hunt seat show in Spokane last year. They brought some cute ones along from their home barn.

Thanks for the info! I guess it has sort of confirmed what I already thought about there being kind of a lack of H/J action in the area. Thanks for you guys’ help!