Unlimited access >

Hunter/Jumper Barns near Portland, OR

I moved to Portland a few weeks ago and am looking for a lesson barn. I’m an experienced amateur that has been schooling up to 1.15m, but do not have a horse of my own. Currently looking to find a lesson barn with horses available. Any recommendations?

Would also love to meet other ammys in the area!

What part of Portland? Most barns in the area have limited school horses, but several offer part leases. Savin Hill, Quiet Rein, and Cornerstone come to mind depending on what may be closest to you. It will be hard to find a part lease on a 1.15 horse, but more doable at the 3’ level and below.

The Northwest has beautiful summers and we are a fun community! Welcome!

feel free to message me! i’m in the area

Welcome! We aren’t a huge community, but we are a fun one! Happy to chat about barns that might fit your needs and budget. As was said, lesson horses above 3’ will be tough but there are several barns that have jumper leases. Echelon just posted a jumper lease a few days ago! They are located in Sherwood. Your location will be a determining factor in our recommendations as traffic can be a bear for us adults who have to work around work! Feel free to PM me. I’m at Quiet Rein and our trainers may have some suggestions if we don’t fit your needs- trainers here all know each other!