Unlimited access >

Hunter/jumper boarding in north Houston?

I’m not interested in showing or paying someone to ride my horse for me, so many of the bigger name barns that I’ve seen listed on similar threads probably wouldn’t be appropriate.

I’m moving to the area and will be bringing a green mare with me who I’m looking to board somewhere near the Spring/Conroe area. I’d like to take lessons with the goal of turning my mare into a low level jumper, but these days I ride for fun with no show goals. This is not my first project horse, so I don’t need tons of hand holding but I would like an unbiased eye to help me know how fast to progress her. Do y’all have any suggestions for trainers that might fit the bill?

I know it’s hard to find, but lots of turnout time is a huge bonus.

I grew up in the Woodlands, but haven’t lived there for going on 17 years. I will tell you that my favorite farm there was Foxcroft. They were doing jumpers back then, as well as hunters, dressage and eventing. It may be worth a look.

http://www.foxcroft-farm.net/Foxcroft_Farm/Welcome.html

Hidden Lane Farm is in your area and has multiple programs. The lady who owns it is super nice.
You may have to contact the trainer to get the info.
They have a website.

Merriman Farms at Our Pleasure Ranch

Edie Reiner is probably who you are looking for - actually still has pasture board with run ins. Stalls tend to stay full. Mix of amatuers and youngsters, with emphasis on enjoying your horse. Does local shows when people want to go, excellent barn management. I think she may have a small Facebook page at Merriman Farms. If you can’t find her, PM me. She is very close to 99 between Tomball and Cypress/Champions/Spring area. Several clients from The Woodlands so may be slightly more west than your ideal location.

Edie is also a good recommendation.

Another vote for Hidden Lane Farm!

Thanks y’all! I had already tried calling Foxcroft, but haven’t heard back from them. I’ll definitely check out Hidden Lane, but Our Pleasure is further than I’d like to drive.

Might lookup Julia Drumheller (sp?) She may board horses, and she travels to shows. I can’t remember what the name of her farm is.

eep! Julia is about 45 miles from me, but thanks for the suggestion.

Also, I talked to the trainer at Hidden Lane and he said no non-showing boarders. So I’m still looking.

eep! Julia is about 45 miles from me, but thanks for the suggestion.

Also, I talked to the trainer at Hidden Lane and he said no non-showing boarders. So I’m still looking.

Try
Sherwood Sporthorses Jo Schroeder Magnolia, TX 281-794-0879

Sent PM. Check your inbox.

http://www.grandoaksfarm.org/about.html
Not sure if this is too far…