Unlimited access >

Hunter show barns in Ottawa, Ontario?

Hello all. It seems that I will most likely be moving to Ottawa, Ontario for a work opportunity. I know nobody or anything about the horse scene there. Could anybody give me advice on where to go / where to avoid. I’m looking for a show barn, within 45 minutes of downtown, good care and a trainer who can show my mare in the 3’ greens and move up from there. I do spend Feb and March in Florida but can continue to meet my current trainer there if the new trainer doesn’t go down, not a deal breaker.

1 Like

The Ottawa area has a great horse community, with a very nice Trillium circuit and now some very high-quality gold shows at Wesley Clover.

I’ll throw the names of some hunter/jumper barns out here for you to look into, but the list is by no means comprehensive and I can’t comment on coaching style for any of them, so this is just to give you some potential leads to look into:

• Westar
  • Stratford Fox Run
  • Partridge Acres
  • Fiddler’s Green
  • Wynbrook Farm
  • Silver Meadows Farm
2 Likes

It’s not really my area so I can say nothing of commute times and haven’t been in their barns, but the people from Ottawa I’ve seen at shows, doing hunters, include Cimmaron Stables (Kelly Robinson), Synergy (Lauren Hunkin… though not 100% sure on the hunter side with them), and Taylor Brooks (who I believe is all hunters, lots of ponies).

1 Like

I live in Ottawa, showed on the A-circuit in the hunters before switching to dressage and am familiar with all the names mentioned. Please PM me if you’d like to chat about specifics - there are a couple trainers mentioned that are best avoided…

One program that was not mentioned was Wesley Clover Parks’ show team (Ashton Belcher is the trainer.) To note, Taylor Brooks is no longer at Wynbrook, her new place is called Fox and Oak Farm.

Hey thanks for the reply. When I try to PM you it says can’t send PM to this user I’m new to the forum, might not be doing it properly, could you send me a message.

PMd you.