Unlimited access >

Hunter trainers, Nashville/Franklin, Middle Tennessee

Can someone please recommend a great Hunter Trainer around Nashville TN/ Franklin TN/ or that area? I dont mind going on the road for shows…

I have heard of:
Miguel Ventura
Tom Wright
Dani Grice
Matt Picolo
Kelly Mullen (works with John Roper correct?)
Michelle Zimmer the Jaekcle Center?

Thoughts, tips, advise??

Also any recommendations for boarding farms. For example if a great trainer just freelances, any ideas on where to board? great care, great ring with footing UTD, friendly staff for the horses :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone!

I definitely recommend Dani Grice at Hunter’s Court! I rode there for about 8 months when I lived in Nashville before my boyfriend’s job relocated us to the Northeast last year. She is very talented and down to Earth. Hunter’s Court is about 30 minutes from Nashville. She goes to a lot of shows, they have wonderful horses, indoor, big ring, and shows at home on the farm. That place is one of the things I miss most about living in Nashville!

1 Like

PM sent :slight_smile:

sent a PM as well.

Michelle Zimmer at the Jaeckle Center is fabulous. I rode with her when she was in Kentucky. She’s a wealth of information, my horses and I learned a bunch. Not to mention, the Jaeckle Center is to-die-for with all of the sports medicine therapies right at your fingertips.

[QUOTE=Misty89;8531082]
I definitely recommend Dani Grice at Hunter’s Court! I rode there for about 8 months when I lived in Nashville before my boyfriend’s job relocated us to the Northeast last year. She is very talented and down to Earth. Hunter’s Court is about 30 minutes from Nashville. She goes to a lot of shows, they have wonderful horses, indoor, big ring, and shows at home on the farm. That place is one of the things I miss most about living in Nashville![/QUOTE]

I second this. We travel from Texas to show at Brownland Farm every spring and I have always been very impressed with Dani Grice at Hunter’s Court. I liked her riding style when she ride for Holly Shepard, and I have seen her blossom as a trainer and coach since she has taken over Hunter’s Court.

Miguel Ventura

I haven’t ridden with him, but plan to when he returns from WEF in April. He is super friendly, but very honest. He allowed me
To hangout with his crew around the jumper ring at brownland in the fall when I was searching for a trainer. His riders are amazing. They cleaned up that day. And despite all his clients having a ridiculous amount of money, they are humble and down to earth.

Hello Valtaya!

As fortune would have it, I am relocating to Nashville next month and am also looking for a fantastic H/J program with exceptional attention to detail in teaching and training ADULT riders. LOL!

If you have found any recommendations along the way, if you could pass them along, I would be grateful

Warmest,

Carrie

Where is Miguel Ventura’s home base in TN? Is he still somewhere in Murfreesboro? Does anyone have his contact info that they could PM me? TIA!!

[QUOTE=ParadoxFarm;8536304]
Where is Miguel Ventura’s home base in TN? Is he still somewhere in Murfreesboro? Does anyone have his contact info that they could PM me? TIA!![/QUOTE]
He is in Franklin at the Graves’ Deer Field Farm. Great trainer, but only does jumpers just as a heads up, the one hunter they had for a while trained with someone else at shows. PM me and I can try and get his number from a friend that rides there. They’re very nice, quite a little gang of teenagers though, but Miguel does know what he’s doing and gets results.

[QUOTE=Ready To Riot;8535803]
Miguel Ventura

I haven’t ridden with him, but plan to when he returns from WEF in April. He is super friendly, but very honest. He allowed me
To hangout with his crew around the jumper ring at brownland in the fall when I was searching for a trainer. His riders are amazing. They cleaned up that day. And despite all his clients having a ridiculous amount of money, they are humble and down to earth.[/QUOTE]

I know most of his clients pretty personally (they show in Germantown a lot and one used to ride with us) and they’re for the most part very sweet girls, and aren’t all ridiculously wealthy, as you may think (though a few are). Very nice down to earth bunch.

This thread is 8 years old. I think she’s probably found him by now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like