Hunters on grass

And any decent trainers with some AAs with day jobs that know that they don’t want to race around at Mach 10 help select some reasonable seasoned slight kick ride. If you take that horse and lunge it to death and drug it, then the AA isn’t going to have a prayer of getting a decent canter and 8 jumps on a warm day.

5 Likes

The topic is needing a stud guard girth and I think many of us here feel that Front studs may not be necessary as many here posted their experience eventing w/ no or just rear studs. FWIW many event venues SJ is in a roped off grass arena. It all depends on the horse and the level of jumping. The class is a hunter derby where there is no timer and while there may be handy turns they won’t be racing against a clock.

I don’t think I’d necessarily put front studs in but if I thought I may want them I’d definitely school my horse in them before competing. My one experience with front studs my horse didn’t go well (muddy hunter show) and he was a XC machine.

Not knowing what form the OPs horse has its hard to say if they’ll needs stud guard girth - what are the fence heights and does the horse really tuck up his knees and feet?