Huntsville H/J barns

I’m likely moving to Huntsville, AL soon and will be bringing my horse with me. I’m looking for a hunter/jumper barn with younger/middle aged adults and a full care program. My horse is a hunter coming off a lease where he dabbled in the jumpers and would likely need training rides to come back to hunter world again. Looking for great care and all-day turnout. I haven’t ridden enough recently to be showing but I would like to eventually show again on the A circuit. From my very limited searching it doesn’t seem like Huntsville has a big h/j scene but hopefully there’s a few options out there!

I haven’t been in Huntsville in ten years, but the “Huntsville Area Horse Community” is a fairly active Facebook group. You might have better luck there.

I can’t seem to find it when I search. Could you pm me a link?

If you still can’t find it, shoot me a pm and I can invite you via Facebook.

Thanks! It didn’t show up on Facebook search but it did when I googled.

Your best bet might be to drive a bit out towards Birmingham or Tuscaloosa. It’s a trek and can be busy during fall football season, but there’s a few good ones out in both areas (Blackjack and Westminster). Huntsville is also close to the TN border, so looking in southern TN might be another option.

I’m in Huntsville, feel free to PM me. I’m an eventer at a private barn, but your best bet would be:

River Pine Farm
Red Horse Ridge & Jay Moore
Jay also teaches at Marigold Equestrian Center.
Lee Johnson - He works out of many different barns, including Flint Hill & other private barns

That would be the 3 I started with if I wanted to do H/J. Reaching out to those trainers & River Pine, I’m sure could point you in the correct directions.

River Pine would be my choice too.

OP, message me for further info.