Unlimited access >

HUP HOLLAND! ORANJE BOVEN!

My Genie and I, and the other Dutch, would like to share with you that we are now leaping up and down with joy at our SHOWJUMPING GOLD.

And we are just as joyful about the US silver!

WOOHOO!!! Oh, my god I have been biting my nails for the last 2 days, afraid they would not hold on. I am so, so thrilled.

What does Boven mean? If it’s drink, I don’t understand–and I do recognize orange.

Boven

means “on top” in this case. It has several different meanings, but this one seems to fit best.

Eurocommerce Berlin is phenomenal! Did you see how high he cleared the jumps? Holy cow! Now that is my idea of a warmblood. He is just wonderful. I am thrilled for Holland. Holland…my home away from home. Wish I were there now. Congratulations to all Dutch people, near and far. You can be proud. Your team was terrific.

p.s. Go Beezie! All us Americans are cheering for you…you go, girl!!

See all these dressage-lessons helped our JumperBoys

This was amazing and very unexpected at least for me…

I heard some commentators say three days ago “You never know with these Dutch”.

Theo

I was watching it at my (dutch) stables – and clearly sitting to the outside of all the dutch :lol: – Berlin did jump great – as did Beezie.

So who’s everyone’s top picks for the finals?? I’ll be there live to watch :smiley:

I can’t believe I missed it! Just my luck! I was stuck on a train back home from France to the Netherlands for 6 hours.

Very unexpected for me too! They didn’t do so well in the Super League, did they?

They even showed it on het NOS journaal this morning! And the RTL 4 breakfast news had a short item too.

I think it has been a while since the Dutch have performed consistently in Intl Jumping. It is really nice to see that they are starting to prove they can ride 'em as well as breed 'em. They have the talent, and they are now proving it. This more than makes up for the WC Soccer fiasco :):):slight_smile: .

Picks for top 3, I would love to see Beezie in there and Gerco. Both have been so very consistent throughout this competition. Would not mind seeing MMB in there just because I still think she got hosed on the 2004 Olympics. I don’t care about the order. We will see though.
I wish I could see if live, July you are a lucky woman!

I think it has been a while since the Dutch have performed consistently in Intl Jumping. It is really nice to see that they are starting to prove they can ride 'em as well as breed 'em. They have the talent, and they are now proving it. This more than makes up for the WC Soccer fiasco :):):slight_smile: .

Picks for top 3, I would love to see Beezie in there and Gerco. Both have been so very consistent throughout this competition. Would not mind seeing MMB in there just because I still think she got hosed on the 2004 Olympics. I don’t care about the order. We will see though.
I wish I could see it live, July you are a lucky woman!

It is so cool to have my ‘old’ country and my adopted country in 1 and 2. I would not have cared about the order, I was afraid to hope they would take 1 and 2. Also, this is awesome for the coaches, both of whom are legends in their own rights/countries. I grew up hearing about/admiring Rob Ehrens like folks here grew up with George Morris. Pretty cool, all of it.

[QUOTE=easyjumper1;1852577]

Very unexpected for me too! They didn’t do so well in the Super League, did they?

[QUOTE]

They indeed did not, but it was not fully the same team. The SL team had only Dubbeldam and Zoer of the riders that were on the World Championship team.

Edited to add link from Horse & Hound magazine, I am surprised that this counted as a qualifier for the Olympics in 08 already? Had no idea…Will other countries have chances later down the line to qualify? I would think and hope so…

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/weg/latest_news/article.php?id=93816

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState|0|1|-1|28|0|0|0|1|0|0|0|71682584|0|0|0|0|0|||2233391784121335|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=19
Photos on Getty Images :slight_smile:

Thanks for the article!

Thanks for the link, easyjumper!!! Being so starved for live coverage and no TV, it is nice to see these pictures!

HUP HUP HOLLAND!!!

I really think I need one of those Orange Show Jackets too! I think it would be stylin here in the US…
:slight_smile: