Unlimited access >

Hylofit Shuts Down

The heart monitor for your horse with smart phone app Hylofit is closing its doors. The app will be maintained for another 2 months then it’s dead in the water.

[URL=“https://hylofit.com/”]https://hylofit.com/

To our Hylofit Family and Friends:

November 2, 2020 - Four years ago, when we began our journey to develop a best-in-class heart rate monitor for the equestrian athlete, we weren’t sure what to expect. Breaking into a tradition-rooted industry with new technology is always an uphill challenge, but it was one we were ready to take on head first.

The past two years in the market have opened incredible doors for us. Educating equestrians about the value of using heart rate in horse ownership and performance management has been exhilarating and rewarding. However, 2020 has been a difficult year for many businesses, ourselves included. With so much uncertainty still on the horizon, our team has had to make a difficult decision.

It is with high heads but heavy hearts that we announce that Hylofit will cease operations at the end of 2020. This was not a decision made lightly, and we want you all to know how much we value and appreciate you.

Shutting down a business is even harder than starting one. We learned so much from all of the people we were lucky enough to work with over the last few years. Though the statistic, 99% of all start-ups fail is widely accepted, we always assumed we would be part of the 1%. We firmly believe heart rate is a critical factor for smarter training and know that it will only become more of a mainstay in the equestrian space. We are proud to have been part of the progressive training movement in our sport.

So, what comes next? During the next two months we will continue to support the app. The good news is that the Hylofit hardware can be paired to work with most any heart rate monitoring applications.

Simply pair your horse transmitter to another heart rate app (Polar, Garmin, Fitiv Pulse etc) to record your rides, monitor your horse’s heart rate in real-time and view post-ride analytics. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

We are so grateful for your support over the last two years and are deeply saddened that the current pandemic and associated uncertainty has made the future of our business untenable.

Thank you for being a part of the Hylofit family.

Eliane, Kate & Laxmi

So many businesses closing their doors in 2020. What a terrible year. :cry:

2 Likes

Damn, that sucks. My husband gave me one for my birthday this year and since my horse was rehabbing I really haven’t gotten proper use out of it yet, other than just playing around to learn how it works. The device and the app are both very cool. I’m glad to hear it will supposedly work with other apps.

Attaching a funny screenshot from the app, of when I tried it out on a trail ride and my young horse saw some backpackers that apparently looked very scary. He froze and stared. When I looked at the ride in the app later I could see exactly where in the ride it happened because his heart rate spiked to 165. :lol:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“large”,“data-attachmentid”:10768458}[/ATTACH]

9951D47D-E824-4CCE-93FD-37C718B93FAB.jpeg

10 Likes